Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 20,260Posts
    • 230,280Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018 7th Jan 18 at 5:04 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps

Level 2

Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Check smoke alarms are fully-functional
    HHI
    Mad half hour -
    if you're a H2H or a Flymarketeer use this time for that!

Tuesday Twinkles Living room

Level1

Empty out any rubbish
    Clear and clean coffee table
    Rehome anything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them - check for escaped baubles
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful! Challenge time for challengers!
    HHI
    Binbag fling - grab a bin bag, run around the house and fill it with gibble and CHUCK IT OUT

Wonderful Wednesday Boudoir beckons!

Level one

Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets in the washbasket
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school etc

level 2

Close the window (like you haven't already)
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    remake the bed
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    (see - looks better already)

Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Extras

If you need to keep meds upstairs (eg asthma inhalers) make sure they are in date and ready for use
    HHI - don't let it build up
    MAD half hour - use it for your challenges or sort a drawer in the bedroom

Thrilling Thursday

Hall, stairs, landing

Level one

Beat, vacuum or wash doormats
    Clean windows and mirrors
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check corners and crevices - deweb!
    Put away summer coats/anything not currently in use

Level two
    Dust, wipe or polish banisters and rails
    Clear out detritus
    Vacuum all floors or mop inc stairs
    Shift the shoe pile - put away anything not being worn

Level 3
    Wash down front door inside and out
    Dust any furniture in these rooms
    Clean light fittings inc. wiping bulbs with a damp cloth - see how much brighter they are

Extras
    Check smoke alarms; CO alarms
    HHI
    MAD half hour
    CHALLENGES - how are you doing?
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    shops selling 'spring cleaning' stuff on offer - do you need anything?

Friday Flight _ Kitchen and Dining Room

Kitchen and Dining room

Level One

Change table cloth/wipe table mats
    Polish/wipe table and chairs
    Empty bins and wash them out
    Clear sides and wipe down sides and tiles
    Clean all appliances you keep out

Level 2
    Clean cupboard fronts and wipe handles
    Wipe sockets and switches with a just-damp cloth
    Dust in dining room

Level 3

Clean and clear utility
    Clear sills and wipe
    Put out new or clean cloths and tea towels
    Mop/sweep/vacuum floor

Extras

S&S bathroom
    Update your list of herbs and spices handily stuck inside the cupboard door so you know what you’ve got in stock somewhere. Check all are (reasonably) in date, too.
    Choose a cupboard to clear and clean
    HHI - get that mountain down
    MAD half hour
    Last edited by Valli; 11-01-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 7
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 10th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    • 9,427 Posts
    • 119,524 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Gas / electric reading entered on to the online site, it seems I am £44 in credit!!

Sandwich eaten

Paper work put away/ binned / shredded
    Sun, Sea
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 10th Jan 18, 2:14 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 5,462 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Just sat down for the first coffee of the day!

We were up and out early this morning as DD had to be at school early. On the way there, a driver coming the other way along one of the lanes flashed me repeatedly - sadly I was suspicious, but it turned out he wanted to tell me that there were branches across the road on my side. Thanks to him I crept round the bends and safely avoided them. On the way back, someone had not been so lucky, and there were 3 or 4 cars there, looked like they had gone into the front one, but not at great speed.

Rather than come home, I drove to Mr S to use a voucher , as I had a dentist appointment not far from there. Back home from dentist, and went straight to dig the allotment for an hour or so. If this healthy eating isn't going to shift any weight, I need to take drastic action....exercise!

Et voilà - here I am....cup of coffee in hand, wm running.

Tonight it is back to volunteering, which I need to find the enthusiasm for. Before then, I must:
    Wash my hair. Dry it so that I don't look like Crystal Tips.
    Change DD's bed
    Make quiche from Hairy Dieters book
    Finish unpacking grocery shop
    Top up bird feeders
    Maybe even unearth the vacuum cleaner for a new year twirl.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 10th Jan 18, 2:18 PM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 109,827 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Lamewolf hope the drive and scan went ok
    Originally posted by hex2
    Thanks; Mr LW said the scan itself was fine, he had a pleasant and professional Philipino lady do it, and he was out within 40 minutes. Of course we won't know anything til he's had his other tests and all the results are in with the Consultant - he has a lung function test at 09:00 on Jan 29th and a sleep study thing (which is a group activity ) also on 29th, at 16:00. So a lot of driving for me that day.
    I was physically shaking by the time we were finished yesterday.

Slinky-wise - sadly no change for me as yet (at least I haven't gained so that's something) but hey, it's early days; and as this is pretty muh all meds-induced, may not be anything like an easy ride.

Bin men have been - I actually put out the black bag today; this one has lasted us nine weeks!

Mr LW is currently decluttering a singularly execrable film off the $ky box.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 10th Jan 18, 4:09 PM
    • 9,427 Posts
    • 119,524 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Lower guttering cleaned out, just got to work out how to do the high ones, a large ladder is needed, I might see if my neighbours have one I can borrow, other wise I need to get window cleaners n and I know they will charge me £45 or thereabouts for a 10 mins job, I know they have to cover their costs etc etc...........

4 ebay sales packet up, just go to wait for the buyers to pay before I post them.

Decluttered some biscuits and cheese!

Off to volunteer work in MK on Saturday.......it seems I will have some dogs / puppies to cuddle, don't have the details yet
    Sun, Sea
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 10th Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    • 15,427 Posts
    • 197,342 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Had today off flying as dh is home as it's his birthday. I did my dinner shift then we went to a Lovely little veggie place in town for food. While there booked for Valentine's night.
    Hope everyone is as well as can be, I'll catch up tomorrow night.
    grocery challenge January budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    christmas Stocking
    17in 2018challenge 0/18
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 10th Jan 18, 5:32 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 5,462 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Happy birthday to your DH, Mrs MP.

I just managed to do my list from earlier, including taking the vacuum cleaner of a tour of the upstairs, landing, stairs and hall. Apart from in our bedroom, it wasn't the best of jobs - more where I can see and reach without hassle - but better than nothing.

Quiche tart thingy made with filo pastry, so we'll see how that turns out. DH will need to actually stick it in the oven. Judging by how difficult he seems to have found picking DD up from school just now, the oven may be one step too many. Honestly! Still I am off out volunteering ( sadly no puppies in sight for cuddling) so I won't be here when they finally rock up.
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 10th Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    • 4,443 Posts
    • 36,583 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Ha Fayolle you and me both. My recent conversation with DH about him doing more has had no effect whatsoever. Sigh.

Feeling a bit sinusy, this cold is slow to shift. Up at 6.30am, kitchen tidied, washing off airer into drier, another load in, packed lunches made. 4 hours on job no. 1, trip to Li@l, home to run hoover around, make our bed, put shopping away and make tea. DW filled, wup done, now on with more paid stuff.

Tea was Monday nights stew that for various reasons was not eaten, made into a pie. DH grumbled a bit but we cannot afford to waste that much stewing steak and it has been cooked and frozen once.

Washing to go over airer when I have finished here and I MUST do something with the utility room floor before I down tools.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 10th Jan 18, 7:20 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 3,755 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Checking in for my nightly update while small doesn't sleep.... 1 job left to go (my mad half hour in the loft (RoDooom) but I can't do that until he's asleep.

Here is my list of today's flying achievements:

Washed all washing (including the bedding stripped from the bed today)
    Hung all dry washing up
    Put all dry washing away
    Sorted Pickle's clothes into his new wardrobe
    Sorted Pickle's bed room
    Took stuff to be car booted into the cellar
    Sorted the random box of Christmas decs in our bedroom into keep and car bootable.
    Took wardrobe packaging to the tip
    Open bedroom windows (all bedroom related things done in both ours and Pickle's room)
    Stripped the beds
    Sheets in the wash basket (and washed, but that's previously been covered)
    Closed bedroom windows (had windows open in each room while I was working in the other, so not too cold)
    Dusted/wipes bed & cot down
    Cleared clutter
    Wipes all horizontal surfaces including skirting boards
    Wipes mirror - one mirror gone with car boot stuff
    Vaccumed
    Cleared bedside cabinets (will do in the cabinets when I deep clean & declutter our bedroom when it appears on my personal to do list)
    Bought a new fitted double bed sheet as the one I thought I'd bought was a single.
    Made beds
    Sorted work out of office reply as I forgot yesterday.

Tomorrow I need to do work type things, so flying may take a little back seat, but I'm really pleased with the progress I've made so far this week.

Thank you all.
    Wish.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2025
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 0/£2,500
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 10th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 23,553 Posts
    • 91,964 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Hello everyone

Just dropped by to update my signature for the Slinkies challenge

Minimum flying done today Made bed, fed birds, put rubbish & recycling out. That was done before I went to work. Plan to do more this evening has been abandoned - I've cooked my tea and eaten it and read my book. I'm drained - they had the radio on slightly louder in the office today and I couldn't tune it out the constant noise wears me down; by the time I left work I was contemplating throwing the dratted thing out of the window. Rationally I know I should just ask them to turn the volume down, but I didn't have the right head on to have the confidence to ask I'm useless.

Can I have a hug please?

Rxx
    Originally posted by roundtuit
    Buy yourself these
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpine-MusicSafe-Pro-Filter-Musicians/dp/B00MEE876O/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID =CRSAZVH29WXHPMQ3W0V1

Put the least 'dulling' filters in and you'll be able to hear people speaking easily, but the other noises will fade into nothing.

I use the middle ones in gig situations, can still hear people speaking to me, but no damage done to my ears (which really are my livelihood). And I always put them in when in the same classroom or environment where I'm within 20 foot of children playing amplified instruments/anything with a volume control, as they seem to regard MAX as equivalent to ON or any drums. And sometimes just because they're so flaming LOUD in groups of more than one - when did kids start only having shouted conversations? With other kids a whole two foot away from them?

Hope you feel a bit better soon Donnajt although it isn't a nice condition and I'm guessing is unpredictable.

I'm just getting ready to go to uni, having continued organising paperwork in the office.
    Remembered to put recorder on as our friends in Suffolk on on "We Escaped to the Country" this afternoon, they got their house via the programme and have had a return visit to see how they are getting on.

I know a few people have discussed this before, but has anyone found any way to make Methotrexate not make you feel sick? Mr N struggles with his weight at the best of times, but you can practically see him turn green when he looks at the wretched tablets, and he feels sick for about 3 days.

All bins in house emptied.
    One mouse snaptrapped in garage.
    Originally posted by Narc0lepsy
    NOT MEDICAL ADVICE - MEDICAL INFORMATION FOR DISCUSSING WITH HEALTH PROFESSIONALS.

1. See the nurse. That level of nausea isn't acceptable.

2. Campaign very strongly for injectable MTX. It doesn't solve it, but it's much reduced. Some places make you collect it from the hospital, some have contracts where somebody delivers it every 6-8 weeks. It's like an EpiPen, you just find your good spot (thigh, tummy, wherever there aren't stretchmarks or varicose veins), push down, click the button, lift up and dump in the sharps bin. It costs the NHS more, but it often means the dose can be reduced because it's absorbed more effectively. Which also reduces nausea. Will probably have to see the Consultant for that, but it's definitely worth it if they then agree it's worth the additional expense in view of the unacceptable degree of side effects of the oral version.

3. The nurse might suggest increasing the frequency/dose of folic acid during the rest of the week - I'm on it 6 days out of 7.

4. Anti-emetics. Not Gaviscon or antiacids/PPIs - something that works on the brain perception as it's that which causes the nausea, not the stomach itself becoming irritated.

5. Cut out dairy/fatty/heavy foods the day before and day after. And get sleep. Being tired beforehand makes the after worse.

6. There is a theory that fasting the day before can make it easier - some people having chemo as part of cancer treatment do that and claim it helps.

7. Don't get dehydrated. Lots of water.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 10th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    • 23,553 Posts
    • 91,964 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    I am doing NOTHING today.

Didn't sleep much last night because Himself and Guitarist were being loud and annoying and I didn't get around to having any dinner.

Really tired today, was off to hospital for the MTX blood tests as usual, started feeling icky, then went to work where I had the usual Ten Impossible Things To Do within the first half hour of getting there.

Himself at rehearsal, claimed he would be back by 6.30pm. He's still not back now.

He'd better be back soon. I have the suspicion that he's been in the pub round the corner for around 2 hours.

He might regret coming back. Especially if he's out for much longer.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • MrsChaos
    • By MrsChaos 10th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 41,018 Thanks
    MrsChaos
    Thanks, pigpen and lil_me. I don't remember the toys, but weren't there trolls that looked similar?

Washed his fringe again this morning, both with washing up liquid and with shampoo. Fortunately the washing and trim had enough of an effect and he was ok at school. I will still complain. He missed a Science revision lesson on Monday because someone was talking to him about his hair and the Science test (and all other lessons) yesterday because he was put in isolation. No break or lunch break (not even away from the rest of the school) and an hour added at the end of the day. They tried to phone me once, but didn't text or email. Not a happy bunny.

Dailies again today and DS1 decluttered for his night shift. His weekend starts tomorrow. I will put WM on with the dog towels, as they're filthy. And do some marking.
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 10th Jan 18, 10:18 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 5,462 Thanks
    Fayolle
    I'm adding the utility room to my must do list for H2H. It is a pit, and there isn't enough room in there for it to be one! It really needs a complete re-think. However we have lived here for nearly 12 years and I don't even have a proper bathroom, so dream on me.

Volunteering done, kichen tidied, dw running, cuppa in hand. Good night all. X
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 10th Jan 18, 10:43 PM
    • 1,489 Posts
    • 21,529 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    1. See the nurse. That level of nausea isn't acceptable.
    Originally posted by Jojo the Tightfisted
    Thanks for that JoJo, I'll show him the list. He saw the consultant a few weeks ago and they upped his folic acid to 3 x per week so we'll see if that has any effect (delay upping the dose owing to Xmas and getting prescriptions etc.)
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • froddington
    • By froddington 10th Jan 18, 10:43 PM
    • 6,604 Posts
    • 93,319 Thanks
    froddington
    Had a great day today Not much flying but spent a good few hours with Dad at the cinema and then having lunch. No plans for tomorrow or Friday so will aim for mega flying.

Congrats to all those who have already decluttered some pounds I need to organise a SW group to go to from next week. Also need to find a Rainbow Unit near home to help at.

List is rather long

Level 1

Scrub bath
    Wipe down edge of bath
    Wipe switches
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps

Level 3
    Wipe sills and shelves
    Clean out sink and polish taps
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate

Extras
    Mad half hour - H2H

Level1

Empty out any rubbish
    Clear and clean coffee table
    Rehome anything which is out of place
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places

Level 2
    Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3
    Lift sofa cushions and vacuum under them
    Vacuum sofa
    Vacuum floor

Extras
    Mad half hour - H2H

Level one

Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets in the washbasket

Level 2
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    Remake the bed
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Extras
    Mad half hour - H2H
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2018 £00
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 10th Jan 18, 10:43 PM
    • 2,325 Posts
    • 34,732 Thanks
    ionafan

Happy birthday to your DH, mrs-mp.

Very tired today after two hectic days, so I have hardly flown at all. My friend came to do my nails; DH went out to see the Star Wars film (expected me to go with him, but that sort of film is definitely not my thing so I opted out), Rosie and I went for a walk, I've cooked meals, I've done one bit of admin, and I've phoned a mutual friend to ask if the person I've been trying to contact since Monday morning is OK (she is). Oh yes, I sat down with a cuppa when Rosie and I got home and fell asleep for an hour and a half.

I've got a routine check with the nurse at the medical centre at 9.00 tomorrow so I shall fall into bed soon.

Well done to all flyers.
    GWS to all poorlies.
    (((Hugs))) spoons and sticks to all in need.
    Grrrrr to all DHs/OHs who don't do their fair share of flying (I leave you each to decide what is a fair share for your DH/OH!)

See you tomorrow.
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    09/01/2018: 11 st 5 lb
    16/01/2018: 11 st 2.5 lb
    23/01/2018: 11 st 2.5 lb
    • Rosemary7391
    • By Rosemary7391 10th Jan 18, 10:48 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 3,262 Thanks
    Rosemary7391

Level one

Open the window

Level 2

Clear the chairdrobe

Not much flying today. Too much physics instead. I'm pretty tired and still suffering from the tail end of a cold. Just coughing all night! I don't think Vicks and clean bed linen are a good combination, hopefully I can change the bed tomorrow...

Jojo, lots of people seem to have loud as a default setting. I'm often woken up by people outside. Really annoying I can't sleep with earplugs though, I worry that I wouldn't hear something I need to. Might try those the next time I'm at my parents however
    Last edited by Rosemary7391; 10-01-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    Slinkies 2018 Challenge - 0/80lb lost
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 10th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 5,167 Posts
    • 53,749 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening everyone

Hope your DH had a lovely birthday Mrs MP

We have received written confirmation of our job offers to work the 2018 season for the holiday company. Provisionally for Cypsela (near Girona) but further details should be with us before end of month

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Hoovered all through except LR. Mats all beaten and shook.
    C/c paid
    Another IT lesson for DH on the lappy
    1xWM and 1xTD. All folded and put away

MAD = Drawer 3 in kitchen. Tipped, hoovered and wiped out. Tools and sundry 'stuff' replaced. Nothing to chuck

H2H = emptied out bathroom cupboard and wiped out. Wiped all contents and replaced. Nothing to chuck.

If it's gone it's done or I don't have one

Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate - needs washing !

HHI

Strip the bed - FRIDAY HERE
    Fling the sheets in the wash basket

Hugs, gws vibes, sticks and spoons for those needing some
    Hope you all have a great Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213...2015=3421...2016=3238...2017=2702..JAN=209.82/310
    GrocC.2014=2162...2015=2083...2016=218...2017=1996..JAN=111.57/200
    Bulk buy.......JAN=112.08
    GC.NSD..2015=216..2016=213..2017=229..JAN=12/15
    SPC130x61...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843
    OS WL= -1/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £12,140
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 11th Jan 18, 7:05 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 767 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Good morning all.

I didn't get much done after paid stuff yesterday but got home to find DD2 had lit fire and brough logs in, wonderful. I made dinner, watched tv but did also wash up and put DW on before bed so have come down to a tidy kitchen this morning. Made sandwiches for OH and DD2, this is very unusual as there is a good canteen where OH eats everyday but he has back to back meetings through lunch today. DD2 doing internship for 4 weeks in same place but has been invited by some of her colleagues to join them at lunch time but they all take sandwiches.

Not out until this afternoon, paid stuff 1.30 - 6.00 pm so will try and crack on this morning.

This morning I will or rather need to prepare 2 lessons for this afternoon (I know where I'm going with both these lessons so just need to look over the details as been 3 weeks since I taught them). Washing mountain to be continued with but getting near the end, DD2 has a big bag she brought back from uni to be done and there are the ski trousers and anoraks but hopefully I can keep up with ironing and putting away, I am not going to create an ironing mountain. An whilst washing in doing I will look at 'nationality', as certificates translated so I need to check them and arrange for them to be collected.

Time for a second coffee and get dressed and going.

Hugs to all and SMILE
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 11th Jan 18, 7:27 AM
    • 2,129 Posts
    • 19,734 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Waving to all

Just lost two posts....grrr....

Long and short: I love being back in the house, pottering about and enjoying the S P A C E

Happy birthday wishes to a Mr Flylady - sorry I've forgotten who and smiles after reading your post Frodders. Enjoy your free time - you deserve it.

DH gone to work. Cuppa just finished and fire lit. DW on and hair straighteners are out. I will tame my barnet today.

Ooh - childcare went well. Apparently the boy told his mum I make Bumble Cake (crumble) that is soooo much better than hers! All kids well behaved and enjoyed each other's company.
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 11th Jan 18, 7:54 AM
    • 4,138 Posts
    • 48,943 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok.

Not a lot of flying has been done here the last couple of days. About to look at doing something from the list for 15 mins before walking the dogs. It should be light by then.

Have a great day everyone.
    Savings 2018: £1.44 Savings 2017: £13449.71
    Flylady Slinkie Wannabee: Start weight (1/1/18) 12st 2lbs - Current weight 12st 0lbs

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

2,442Users online

Martin's Twitter