Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 20,246Posts
    • 230,091Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018 7th Jan 18 at 5:04 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps

Level 2

Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Check smoke alarms are fully-functional
    HHI
    Mad half hour -
    if you're a H2H or a Flymarketeer use this time for that!

Tuesday Twinkles Living room

Level1

Empty out any rubbish
    Clear and clean coffee table
    Rehome anything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them - check for escaped baubles
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful! Challenge time for challengers!
    HHI
    Binbag fling - grab a bin bag, run around the house and fill it with gibble and CHUCK IT OUT

Wonderful Wednesday Boudoir beckons!

Level one

Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets in the washbasket
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school etc

level 2

Close the window (like you haven't already)
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    remake the bed
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    (see - looks better already)

Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Extras

If you need to keep meds upstairs (eg asthma inhalers) make sure they are in date and ready for use
    HHI - don't let it build up
    MAD half hour - use it for your challenges or sort a drawer in the bedroom

Thrilling Thursday

Hall, stairs, landing

Level one

Beat, vacuum or wash doormats
    Clean windows and mirrors
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check corners and crevices - deweb!
    Put away summer coats/anything not currently in use

Level two
    Dust, wipe or polish banisters and rails
    Clear out detritus
    Vacuum all floors or mop inc stairs
    Shift the shoe pile - put away anything not being worn

Level 3
    Wash down front door inside and out
    Dust any furniture in these rooms
    Clean light fittings inc. wiping bulbs with a damp cloth - see how much brighter they are

Extras
    Check smoke alarms; CO alarms
    HHI
    MAD half hour
    CHALLENGES - how are you doing?
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    shops selling 'spring cleaning' stuff on offer - do you need anything?

Friday Flight _ Kitchen and Dining Room

Kitchen and Dining room

Level One

Change table cloth/wipe table mats
    Polish/wipe table and chairs
    Empty bins and wash them out
    Clear sides and wipe down sides and tiles
    Clean all appliances you keep out

Level 2
    Clean cupboard fronts and wipe handles
    Wipe sockets and switches with a just-damp cloth
    Dust in dining room

Level 3

Clean and clear utility
    Clear sills and wipe
    Put out new or clean cloths and tea towels
    Mop/sweep/vacuum floor

Extras

S&S bathroom
    Update your list of herbs and spices handily stuck inside the cupboard door so you know what you’ve got in stock somewhere. Check all are (reasonably) in date, too.
    Choose a cupboard to clear and clean
    HHI - get that mountain down
    MAD half hour
    Last edited by Valli; 11-01-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 4
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Jan 18, 6:13 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 3,540 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Oh my goodness Donnajt, you are awesome.

My, not very impressive, job list for today is done:

1) Washing washed
    2) All washing hung up to dry on airers in the sauna (aka bathroom)
    3) all towels washed as per today's tasks
    4) smoke alarm check
    5) clear rubbish out of my car and switch car seat round into my car
    6) charge my work phone ready for work tomorrow
    7) tea - sausage hot pot
    8) finish baby blanket (gift for a friend)
    9) empty cat's litter tray
    10) rubbish & recycling out.
    11) put poppers on pickle's blanket.

This is on top of Pickle's swimming lesson & generally keeping him alive. Tomorrow is a work day, but I'm working from home. Pickle's wardrobe is being delivered in the morning, I have a work conference call in the afternoon and a couple of friends are coming round after work to help me sort the wardrobe out as hubby is back to work tomorrow (3 day trip to the big smoke).

Also... you are all having an effect on me already. Post tea tonight I 'WUDUPA' everything that didn't fit in the dishwasher.

Post Pickle's bedtime tonight I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have another knitting project to finish by the middle of Feb, so might do some on that. Everything is sorted for Pickle going to the Childminder's tomorrow (I get his clothes out while hubby baths him).

I won't get much done tomorrow but I am going to open all the upstairs windows while I work to do the 'airing' I didn't get the chance to do today.

I shall report back tomorrow.

Wish.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2025
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 0/£2,500
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 8th Jan 18, 6:34 PM
    • 2,645 Posts
    • 17,468 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    DH was home from work in good time so he's taken the kiddies out to martial arts. I've walked the dog again, lit the wood burner and put my pjs on

Veg is chopped for dinner, so DH can cook that when they're back whilst I put the children to bed. See you all in the morning x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 22.12.17 - £115,000
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    Goal - overpay £10k by 31.3.18 - so far £182/£10,000
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 8th Jan 18, 6:55 PM
    • 9,407 Posts
    • 119,280 Thanks
    kazwookie
    HM chicken curry made and eaten yum yum
    Washing is now sort of dry, folded and away, a heap left for ironing
    Cat flap parts ordered for blunder bust, £12.99 that is his pocket money gone for this month!!!

More rubbish out
    Sun, Sea
    • MinnieMousesMummy
    • By MinnieMousesMummy 8th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 13,311 Thanks
    MinnieMousesMummy
    Just going to update my list and then put my feet up for an hour, as feeling a bit fluey today.

Marvellous Monday
    Sort through a pile of paperwork Ė file or shred as required
    HHI
    Discuss storage options for ds2ís room with dh
    Clean the sink
    Check through the contents of the fridge
    Clean the work surfaces
    Sweep and mop the floor
    £10 challenge 2017: Jan £387.76, Feb £82.21, March £254.10, April£0, May £674.30
    • Rosemary7391
    • By Rosemary7391 8th Jan 18, 8:00 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 3,262 Thanks
    Rosemary7391
    I really really need to stick with this. My flat is a tip and sometime this year I've got to finish my thesis and find a new job, which almost certainly means I'll have to sell this place and move. So it needs to be clean, and I need to have less than a lorryload of stuff... Seems like an ideal match with this thread really!

Can I join the slinkies challenge as well please? I need to lose 80lb...

MMM - fluey isn't nice there are a few bugs going around!
    Slinkies 2018 Challenge - 0/80lb lost
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 8th Jan 18, 8:24 PM
    • 2,561 Posts
    • 39,285 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Sorry I'm so late coming on here today but been busy. Had GP appointment at 7.40 and she confirmed that yes, she thinks I have the onset of arthritis in my fingers and I also have tendonitis - no wonder I've been struggling with my typing . I went riding after and Huck was a good boy apart from when he wasn't in front, then he did a very good impression of a wannabe racehorse bless him - he is 19 but no-one has told him that!! Lunch then working this afternoon followed by trip to minor injuries to have my hands X-rayed. Got to have a blood test on Thursday to see if inflammation markers. Feeling really old I have to say. Then spent too long on Indeed looking to see if any non-typing jobs I can do but really don't know anything else.

Flying wise well good job I did stuff last night is all I can say!

Hi to new people and well done to those extras who are joining the various challenges. Got to go and put S to bed now.
    • MrsChaos
    • By MrsChaos 8th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 2,002 Posts
    • 40,823 Thanks
    MrsChaos
    Good evening! Thank you to Valli and Natty for the threads. I'm in this week, although I don't have a chance of keeping up with everyone and not much will be done until Wednesday at the earliest, apart from dailies and some laundry.

First day back at work today with an after school meeting, two lots of tutoring tomorrow (home around 8pm) and another meeting on Wednesday.

On the plus side, lunches for tomorrow are made and so is my breakfast. Tomorrow's tea is planned. Early night tonight, as I'm absolutely shattered.

Valli - could you please add me to the H2H and slinky challenges (16lb). Thank you.
    • funfairprincess
    • By funfairprincess 8th Jan 18, 9:16 PM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 34,928 Thanks
    funfairprincess
    Evening all

Welcome to all the newbies

Well work was work. Picked up some bread and cooked meat on the way home for tomorrow's packed lunches. Decided while I was on the bus I was going to have a nice big bubble bath when I got in, only to find my bath full of glitter (I know first world problems) so I had to clean it out, well I suppose I didn't NEED to but I didn't want to look like an extra from twilight at work tomorrow. So I cleaned the bath then cleaned the rest of the bathroom while my bath was filling. Then washed the bath again when I got out.
    In my jammies now

Think I'm probably be going to be posting and leaving just now the thread is getting too long for me to keep up will try my best though.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Jan 18, 9:31 PM
    • 36,254 Posts
    • 467,271 Thanks
    pigpen
    Think I'm probably be going to be posting and leaving just now the thread is getting too long for me to keep up will try my best though.
    Originally posted by funfairprincess
    You can't leave right now.. you need us for our support until your life is non-soap opera-ish and boring..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 8th Jan 18, 9:32 PM
    • 2,122 Posts
    • 19,616 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Evening all - Just got in from doing a sneaky shop to save me having to go tomorrow. Need to meal plan depending on who is here for dinner and when.

I've agreed to have a friend's two chidlers after school one day a week, so need to factor in food for them when they're here.

Had the woodburner going full-bore since I got up, as it was -5į most of the day. The builders tipped a half-empty bucket of water on to the driveway and we watched it freeze as it trickled down towards the drain. Bit cold then.

Console table duly constructed, placed into the dining room and new lamp installed. Mightily pleased with myself The boys spent several hours using the box it was delivered in as a mobile prison (!) complete with feline inmate...stupid cat...

I think it may well be wine o'clock...
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 3,540 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Ahhhhh it's the living room tomorrow (which is my 'room of the month') and I'm working all day and I've got people round in the evening. This could be interesting. I'm determined to do it though. Hubby is leaving at 5 in the morning. I could start then????

Our living room isn't too bad but would benefit from a little declutter. Pickle's Toys are a bit of a pain, but I don't think we can do anything about that. There is 1 walker toy to return to the friend we've borrowed it from (will put it in the car tomorrow) and 1 to be added to the car boot pile.

We've got a wing back chair where the webbing on the seat has failed, so I'll add sorting that out to my 'living room blitz' I'm also going to get a quote to have it reupholstered as it doesn't match our other chairs.

Well, this is meant to be a challenge.........

Watch this space.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2025
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 8th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 5,237 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Whoa! I'm late and serves me right - there was so much to read through! Welcome to those that need welcoming, and hugs to those who need them.

All I can say is that it was a good job that I had my relatively productive time for today at 6.30 am. Before going to paid stuff, I put the towels in to WM for running this evening, emptied DW, did HHI, put out recycling, S&s downstairs loo and bathroom, got dinner out of freezer. I took DD to school, filled car with petrol and went to work. On the way home, the pre Christmas roadworks that made my December commute a misery, reappeared, and my 20 minute journet home took me an hour! Cue one unhappy Fayolle. Got in, cooked dinner, as nobody else had thought to, WU ( left DUPA until drained, in the hope that somebody else would then do it). I ticked a couple of jobs off my list - finished a birthday card for DSis, and sent an email to a friend in the US which has been outstanding for weeks.

I started writing this an hour ago. DH then confessed that he hadn't done his tax return yet and could I help him sort it. Tax return has been duly completed and submitted. He owes me. Again.

ETA - FFP - you can't go. Pigpen says so. I can't keep up at the mo either, so we can fall behind together

Dizzy - I think I might join you. Roll on Tuesday.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 8th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    • 10,108 Posts
    • 109,491 Thanks
    LameWolf
    slinkies.. mine is ongoing.. until the end of time..
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Same here - most of my weight gain is due to meds (some 'orrible tetracyclic anti-d's they tried me on and rapidly switched me back as they put half a stone on me in just a week + the recent fiasco with Gabapentin). I have to try though; if I can shift some hopefully my back and knee will be a little less painful.

Ye gods and little fishes; page four already!

Decluttering day today - Mr LW has been to barber and had the extra 2" of hair that was annoying him and looking untidy snipped, and a large box of useless-to-us-but-maybe-treasure-to-someone-else stuff taken to the chazzer. Mr LW has culled his shirts; he had a fair few because he used to wear a clean one to work every day, but now he's retired and virtually lives in t-shirts, he only needs a couple of "decent" ones and a couple of casual ones, so that's freed up a bit of wardrobe space.

Popped into Wyrdo's for some incense sticks, and had a chat with Tony, who runs the place.

Bathroom was blitzed yesterday, so I don't feel too much like a Bad Flylady.

Mr LW has to visit the horse-piddle tomoz for an ECG, so any posi-vibes would be welcome (I shall *gulp* be driving).

Oh, and a big warm Wolfy WELCOME to new Flyers.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Rosemary7391
    • By Rosemary7391 8th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 3,262 Thanks
    Rosemary7391

Level 1

Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers

Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps

Level 2

Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid

Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Misc
    Put away laundry

Haven't quite got the energy to scrub the shower, but my flat is cleaner/tidier tonight than it was this morning Now, time to chill with cute kitten videos and sew a button back on my trousers.

wishingthemortgaheaway - can I join you with an "arghh" for the living room!? This fights with my bedroom for the worst room in the house, it also has random kitchen stuff in odd places that never made it back to the kitchen after I painted in there... well, I suppose there's only one direction to go from here!
    Slinkies 2018 Challenge - 0/80lb lost
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 8th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 3,540 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Rosemary, its more the fact that, at the moment, the only day I've got immovable commitments is tomorrow - living room day!!!!

I do deal with ofsted & hmrc on a daily work basis, so think I'm going to tackle it whilst I'm on hold to them tomorrow (I definitely have to ring each one once, but it's bound to me more when my managers remember tomorrow is my work day for this week. )
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 8th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    • 5,129 Posts
    • 53,461 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening all and a warm welcome to the new peoples

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Dusted all through top to bottom
    Looked online for a replacement car - appointment tomorrow

DH has finally shredded all the old files etc that I cleared out last year together with old cards, passports etc. There are now two large black bin bags of 'shreds' waiting to go to recycling

MAD = Drawer one in kitchen. Tipped, hoovered and wiped out. Cutlery etc and tray washed and replaced. Garbage chucked.

H2H = sorted boxes in spare room, repacked and restacked and folded and stored empties.

If it's gone it's done or I don't have one

Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate

Tuesday Twinkles Living room
    Clear and clean coffee table
    Rehome anything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Wipe plants
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places where sticky fingers linger
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor
    extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful! Challenge time for challengers!
    HHI

Hugs, sticks and spoons to all needing some
    Hope you all have a great Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213...2015=3421...2016=3238...2017=2702..JAN=197.44/310
    GrocC.2014=2162...2015=2083...2016=218...2017=1996..JAN=85.56/200
    Bulk buy.......JAN=112.08
    GC.NSD..2015=216..2016=213..2017=229..JAN=9/15
    SPC130x61...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843
    OS WL= -1/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £10,250
    • lil_me
    • By lil_me 8th Jan 18, 11:26 PM
    • 13,068 Posts
    • 114,862 Thanks
    lil_me
    FfP - I donít read everything I donít have the hours or brain space. Stick around. Please

Hex2 so thatís 2 of us who donít need to buy DW tablets this year!!!

Managed dishwasher, washer, drier, cooking kids tea, cleaning toilet, more rubbish out another 2 bags. Considering Iíve spent 1 hour in the house apart from being asleep until 10 minutes ago I donít think I did bad. Pleased I got that bathroom head start. Canít find the shower curtain I thought I had, will need to pick one up as Iíve attempted to clean this one and itís about had it.

Tomorrow Iím finishing work on time, coming home to pack for Thursday and do house stuff so will catch up some then. Must decide what to do for tea.

Boys have been defleaed, scrubbed, hairs and nails chopped. Facial fuzz also calmed down as both back to college tomorrow. Youngest tried to still click a full weeks budget money when heís only there Tuesday - Thursday this week. Cheeky ratbag
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £234.56 / £300
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 5lb
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 9th Jan 18, 12:28 AM
    • 952 Posts
    • 8,562 Thanks
    donnajt
    Oh my goodness Donnajt, you are awesome.
    Originally posted by wishingthemortgaheaway
    thank you wishingthemortgageaway - I'm really not, i suffer with ME and fibromylgia so when I have a good day i get as much done as possible - because if i stop i won't be able to move again

i do 20 min bursts, 20 mins resting/reading/online/tv, 20 mins housework - where i've been following this thread and took part in the xmas declutter, my home is in pretty good shape so it's quite easy now to keep on top of things
    Last edited by donnajt; 09-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • nannygladys
    • By nannygladys 9th Jan 18, 1:12 AM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 12,293 Thanks
    nannygladys
    Hi everyone
    Well bathroom was deep cleaned at the end of last week so it didn't take me long to do it again and I definitely didn't do the Windows again!!
    Over the weekend I spring cleaned my bedroom and moved back in there, as my Xmas visitors stayed in there(it's the biggest room) so I took the opportunity to do everything bar painting it and it looks lovely.
    Today I was out most of the day but after titivating the bathroom and cleaning the stairs I sorted some paperwork to do tomorrow and after I have tackled the living room I will do some desk work at the dining room table and sort out my actual desk, and carry on in the hall! Off to bed now.
    Nannyg
    Mortgage free and debt free but only income is state pension so need to be frugal
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 9th Jan 18, 6:45 AM
    • 2,645 Posts
    • 17,468 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

DH gone to work, kiddies still asleep and I'm having a cuppa listening to my beloved Radio 2. I need to stay in today to wait for a delivery for DH so apart from the school runs I'll be at home. Bathroom is going to be tackled today

Dizzy - that is a kind thing you have offered to do but please only do it as long as you're happy with it. I committed to a similar thing last year and after 6 months had to give my apologies, I could only cope with my 2 after school not a hyperactive third!

Right I'll slurp this cuppa and get dressed, will report back later xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 22.12.17 - £115,000
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    Goal - overpay £10k by 31.3.18 - so far £182/£10,000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

8,290Users online

Martin's Twitter