Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 20,259Posts
    • 230,256Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018 7th Jan 18 at 5:04 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Blitz those bathrooms

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Flush loos and fling down some cream cleaner or loo cleaner
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Wipe switches and sockets
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so
    Remove plugs and clean them, too including underneath; clear any traps

Level 2

Now the loo has had a soak scrub it out - don't forget under the rim
    Wipe all cistern, handles/buttons, outside of loo, seat and lid
    Flush loo and pour bleach round bowl
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Bleach down all drains and in all overflows
    Check for cobwebs in corners
    Sweep, wipe or vacuum floor as appropriate
    Put out fresh towels
    Dirty towels into the WM for a HOT wash

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Check smoke alarms are fully-functional
    HHI
    Mad half hour -
    if you're a H2H or a Flymarketeer use this time for that!

Tuesday Twinkles Living room

Level1

Empty out any rubbish
    Clear and clean coffee table
    Rehome anything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner
    Get a just-damp cloth and wipe switches, sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them - check for escaped baubles
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean window in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful! Challenge time for challengers!
    HHI
    Binbag fling - grab a bin bag, run around the house and fill it with gibble and CHUCK IT OUT

Wonderful Wednesday Boudoir beckons!

Level one

Open the window
    Strip the bed
    Fling the sheets in the washbasket
    Go and get your breakfast/kids off to school etc

level 2

Close the window (like you haven't already)
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    remake the bed
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    (see - looks better already)

Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors

Level Three
    Clean the windows
    Vacuum the floor
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter

Extras

If you need to keep meds upstairs (eg asthma inhalers) make sure they are in date and ready for use
    HHI - don't let it build up
    MAD half hour - use it for your challenges or sort a drawer in the bedroom

Thrilling Thursday

Hall, stairs, landing

Level one

Beat, vacuum or wash doormats
    Clean windows and mirrors
    Check corners and crevices - deweb!
    Put away summer coats/anything not currently in use

Level two
    Dust, wipe or polish banisters and rails
    Clear out detritus
    Vacuum all floors or mop inc stairs
    Shift the shoe pile - put away anything not being worn

Level 3
    Wash down front door inside and out
    Dust any furniture in these rooms
    Clean light fittings inc. wiping bulbs with a damp cloth - see how much brighter they are

Extras
    Check smoke alarms; CO alarms
    HHI
    MAD half hour
    CHALLENGES - how are you doing?
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    shops selling 'spring cleaning' stuff on offer - do you need anything?

Friday Flight _ Kitchen and Dining Room

Kitchen and Dining room

Level One

Change table cloth/wipe table mats
    Polish/wipe table and chairs
    Empty bins and wash them out
    Clear sides and wipe down sides and tiles
    Clean all appliances you keep out

Level 2
    Clean cupboard fronts and wipe handles
    Wipe sockets and switches with a just-damp cloth
    Dust in dining room

Level 3

Clean and clear utility
    Clear sills and wipe
    Put out new or clean cloths and tea towels
    Mop/sweep/vacuum floor

Extras

S&S bathroom
    Update your list of herbs and spices handily stuck inside the cupboard door so you know what you’ve got in stock somewhere. Check all are (reasonably) in date, too.
    Choose a cupboard to clear and clean
    HHI - get that mountain down
    MAD half hour
    Last edited by Valli; 11-01-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 2
    • lil_me
    • By lil_me 7th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 13,071 Posts
    • 114,917 Thanks
    lil_me

Lil-me, was any of it the stuff from that Wilkos thing we did on Quidco years ago? My cleaning cupboard was full for years because of that
    Originally posted by hex2
    there is some dishwasher cleaner in one cupboard from that, think we’re onto the last bottle of the radox.... I’ll let you know if I find anything else I was literally thinking about that today. I remember some 26 boxes arriving and hiding them straight under the stairs from OH. The table and chairs I got with part of the comp prize is at the caravan I think. It was 2 house moves ago, so anything that was has moved twice

Speaking of which some of the food inc spices that went today has moved twice ...

Whoever was on about hoarding that’s me, it’s from when the boys were babies and we literally had nothing. Less than Nothing just loads of debt. Worrying where the next meal was coming from. Now I can’t cope to throw things away

Sheets in the drier, found a temporary spare it has a hole in but it’ll do. Don’t believe I’ve done that �� annoyed myself. I’m really pleased with how well organised things are becoming here. We needed that to move forward. Moved in such a rush and just piled it away, it’s never been right since.

Decluttered myself to the shower and made a head start on tomorrow’s list as I’ve decided the new shower curtains going up, I’ve cleaned the tiles while I was in the shower and got the bins ready to go down in the morning.

Overnight oats in the fridge I’ve overfilled the Kilner jar so might have some before I leave. Done spare peppers & onions for pasta salad sauce, got chicken fillet & roasties I did while ours was cooking ready for OHs uncles dinner tomorrow. The list says bed an hour earlier tomorrow which is less likely as I have meeting I am secretary for ..... so going to do it tonight by 11.30 not 12.30. First to get this sheet on. Usually OHs job!
    Last edited by lil_me; 07-01-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £270.56 / £300
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 5lb
    • MinnieMousesMummy
    • By MinnieMousesMummy 7th Jan 18, 10:27 PM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 13,340 Thanks
    MinnieMousesMummy
    Hi everyone, Thank you for last week’s list and for the new list, I will be working on my own list this week (hope this is ok), as I tend to do my kitchen on a Monday. Hope everyone has had a good week and will have a productive week.

Marvellous Monday
    Get the kids to school
    Let the chickens out and feed animals
    Paid stuff
    Make 2 required phone calls
    Sort through a pile of paperwork – file or shred as required
    Write new post on my wildlife blog (if anyone wants more info please pm me, as not sure if I can post a link on here)
    HHI
    Discuss storage options for ds2’s room with dh
    Wash any dirty dishes (had guests today so need to catch up with the dishes)
    Empty and clean the bins
    Clean the sink
    Check through the contents of the fridge
    Clean the work surfaces
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Close the chickens away and feed animals
    £10 challenge 2017: Jan £387.76, Feb £82.21, March £254.10, April£0, May £674.30
    • froddington
    • By froddington 7th Jan 18, 10:41 PM
    • 6,604 Posts
    • 93,308 Thanks
    froddington
    I'm in - thanks Valli Please add me to the Slinky challenge for 2 stones (as a start!).

lil_me - wow! What an achievement today

Welcome Faete

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathroom
    Remove any rubbish
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath
    Scrub bath
    Wipe down edge of bath
    Wipe switches

Level 2
    Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder

Level 3
    Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Clean out sink and polish taps
    Put out fresh towels

Extras
    Mad half hour - H2H
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2018 £00
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 7th Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    • 1,488 Posts
    • 21,501 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Golly page 2 already.
    This week brings a return to uni, determined slinkie-ing and who knows maybe even some flying.
    Mon: booked in to clubbercise and on the waiting list for core express at the gym. Have one final report to write. Clearing church of Xmas stuff in the afternoon. Want to practise a new dance with Mr N which we are finding difficult.
    Tues: zumba then 1:1 students at uni. Need to get assessment paperwork ready for Wed and Thurs. Haven't really finished the December challenge of sorting out the piles of paper in my home office, but of course the narrow window between finishing the last assessment and writing up the next ones could be a chance.

Let's not plan further; Wed/Thurs are at uni.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 7th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    • 23,541 Posts
    • 91,886 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    We survived the additional writing & recording session remarkably well. Amazing what happens when he doesn't drag me into the studio at stoopid o'clock, isn't it?

He's now recording a final version to present at rehearsal on Wednesday and reckons that if it gets accepted, I'll get a co-writing/arrangement credit on the album because of the number of changes I've made. If that goes ahead, I can probably look forward to the grand sum of around 60p a year in royalties from album sales and performances

The kitchen is again surprisingly clean, just a single bowl of washing up to do in a minute - but I still have to locate my work clothes before having a bath. At least the bathroom is still clean - if there are any contact lens packets left on the mirror shelf, I always chuck them the moment I spot them and I can use whatever towel left on the floor to give it a quick dust before chucking it in the machine.

And for some unknown reason, the windowcleaner turned up just before dark to say that he doesn't think he did a good enough job as there are water spots on the upstairs windows, so will come again tomorrow for free. Fine by me.

My initial plan for the week is

Survive going back to work
    Make sure the kitchen is clean every night
    Go to the gym at least once - Wednesday is looking like the most likely at present, as I will go after work whilst he's at rehearsal, far more likely than getting up at 5.30am to be there for opening (although, with my sleep patterns, I could easily still be awake by then).
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 7th Jan 18, 11:31 PM
    • 2,078 Posts
    • 30,330 Thanks
    dancemum
    Slinky wannabe 3 stones for me please Valli x

Tackled the frog of unplugging spaghetti junction, wiping leads and vacuuming various equipment (tv, ps3, wii, wii u, switch, TiVo box, phone) Replacing plugs, dysoning behindand underwhere tv stand had been. It looks better but still too many leads for my liking.

Refilled walk in wardrobe and living room dehumidifiers.

Ironing done

House henriedby DH

Frog forms started

Conservatory windows vacced

Looking forward to the school bus arrival tomorrow.

Pigpen hope ds1 and dd1 are ok x
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 7th Jan 18, 11:48 PM
    • 5,160 Posts
    • 53,659 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening all and a warm welcome to Faete

I'm in for this week and thank you Valli and Natty for the listies.

Thanks for putting up the challenge lists as well Valli. Please add me to the H2H. Now it's all relatively tidy I am planning to start going round again and chucking/CS-ing anything I haven't used in last year and generally reducing clutter. Also need to do freezers and throw 'stuff' not needed.

Hugs, sticks and spoons to all needing some
    Hope you all have a great start to the week
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213...2015=3421...2016=3238...2017=2702..JAN=197.44/310
    GrocC.2014=2162...2015=2083...2016=218...2017=1996..JAN=111.57/200
    Bulk buy.......JAN=112.08
    GC.NSD..2015=216..2016=213..2017=229..JAN=12/15
    SPC130x61...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843
    OS WL= -1/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £12,140
    • riotlady
    • By riotlady 8th Jan 18, 1:13 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    riotlady
    Hi all Hoping to join in and get on top of my cleaning!

My OH and I used to be terrible and live in a mess, so we've improved loads in the past couple of months (getting a dishwasher helped enormously too!) but I'm pregnant and due at the start of April, so I really want the house to feel perfect before baby arrives. Our kitchen and bathroom are generally good, but the rest of the flat suffers from having loads of random cluttered area from when stuff got shifted around when we had work done and it's just never been organised- the worst is all of OH's music equipment, which used to be in the spare room but now that that's been turned into a nursery it's just piled up in random places. Everytime I look at our bedroom I just get so overwhelmed thinking about what needs to be done.

Anyway, I'm going to try and tackle it in little chunks and fingers crossed we'll get there! Please can I sign up for the H2H challenge?
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 8th Jan 18, 2:42 AM
    • 23,541 Posts
    • 91,886 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    I hear a voice behind me;

'what are you up to?'.

I turn slowly and look at Himself, tilt my head to the side, look back over to the sink, currently filling up with hot, soapy water for the washing up stacked on the side. I return my gaze and raise my eyebrows in silent puzzlement.

The eejit grins and says 'I'm a tw*t, aren't I?'

I conspicuously struggle not to agree with him.

'camomile tea?' I nod and as he switches the kettle on, I shake my head at the sheer strength of his powers of observation.

That's more like normal service in Tightfisted Towers.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 8th Jan 18, 6:40 AM
    • 5,565 Posts
    • 20,316 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Morning,

I'm in again this week.

Hope everyone is ok? Hugs for those that need one.

Pmo2
    Xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £6900.00 Cap 1: £467.97 BC: £6900.00

AFD 4/14 NSD 9/17 LTW 10/17
    POAMAYC 2018 #041 PD £878.17/£4000
    20p Savers 2018 £2 Savers 2018 50p Savers 2018 SPC 11 2018 #003
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 8th Jan 18, 7:30 AM
    • 2,126 Posts
    • 19,690 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Morning lassies - DH at work, kiddies watching cartoons, I've just washed my hair and am raring to go!

Welcome to Faete and Riotlady - hope your first week flying is productive x

Jojo - you sound more like yourself again. That's good to hear/read. Piggers - big hugs to your DS1 in particular, but to all who need it or want one.

Hope the bruises are fading Iona - strange way to weed the flowerbed, if you ask me

I'm feeling good today. Builders due back after the Crimble break and house isn't actually too bad. Bathroom blitz after my cuppa...
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 8th Jan 18, 7:43 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 36,550 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Morning all

Welcome newbies. Up half the night coughing but the show must go on. Both paid stuff today (job no. 2 at home thankfully). Thanks for lists, got to run, chicken casserole to go in SC then need to make myself presentable.
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 8th Jan 18, 7:47 AM
    • 2,652 Posts
    • 17,585 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

I'm showered before the school run woohoo! Have a long list so will crack on when I've dropped kiddies at school and pre school. Need to ring the docs at 8am to try and get an appointment for today, nothing serious at all just need to sort a contraceptive change asap, AF has been in residence for over 4 weeks now and very heavy (sorry TMI )

Bagged up loads of stuff for cash 4 clothes and need to post a parcel too. Will report back later with what I have achieved, have lovely days all xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 22.12.17 - £115,000
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    Goal - overpay £10k by 31.3.18 - so far £182/£10,000
    • frooglefraggle
    • By frooglefraggle 8th Jan 18, 8:01 AM
    • 296 Posts
    • 1,168 Thanks
    frooglefraggle
    Count me in, 😍.
    My life is upside down.... although my house is generally tidy I have a 6 week old newborn a 8yr old and a 10yr old plus DH.
    We live in a town house with a WC,and x2 bathrooms/shower rooms. I have a room of doom which is going to be my challenge as I need to de clutter and sort out as it was the children’s play room but needs to be transformed into a Nursery for my littlest man (the plan was to get it done by Jan 14th little man came 7 weeks early.)
    I also have a dog, and quite a hectic schedule with hospital appointments which can take all day, so I will try my best!

Level 1

Throw the windows open wide in your bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
    Remove any rubbish from these rooms
    Clear all the gibble from round the bath and out of showers
    Scrub bath and/or shower tray
    Wipe down edge of bath, panels and shower screens
    Check lighting is all working and not acting as fly cemetry - clean out if so

Level 2

Close lid
    Wipe toilet toll holder
    Check spare toilet roll stock has not mysteriously vanished

Level 3

Wipe sills and shelves
    Wipe soap bottles
    Polish towel rails
    clean out sink and polish taps
    Put out fresh towels

Extras

S&S kitchen
    Check smoke alarms are fully-functional
    HHI
    Mad half hour - if you're a H2H or a Flymarketeer use this time for that!

I will strike off all I’ve managed xxx
    1% challenge £2015.50 = £20.16
    Make £2.50 a day £80.82/77.50
    Sealed pot opening Nov 2018: ???
    Going back to being to basics. And penny pinching in 2018 This will be my year 😘
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 8th Jan 18, 8:03 AM
    • 2,321 Posts
    • 34,683 Thanks
    ionafan
    Morning all, and welcome Faete, riotlady and frooglefraggle Congratulations on the new arrival, froogle. Ooh, and another Flybaby on its way - keep us posted, please, riotlady!

Glad to hear that things are looking up for Jojo and Dizzy
    Hooray for the school bus, dancemum

We were out yesterday evening at a church social with just a snack buffet - sausage rolls, quiche, and loads of nibbles and chocolate - all very un-SW and I had forgotten that my blood test this morning requires 12 hours fasting, so we ate tuna pasta when we got home at 9.30, and now I can't have the test until 10.00, which is the worst possible time, given that it's also Monday . My own fault!

To cap it all, I woke up at silly o'clock, made myself a cuppa hotta wata, and then decided to move the LR furniture round to where it had been pre-Christmas (I was trying out a new arrangement but the lighting was all wrong, and it was easier and cheaper to put the furniture back than to get the electrician in).

My to-do list today:
    - continue office admin from last week
    - continue college work, including making a decision on my next essay title so that I can get relevant books out of the library tomorrow
    - set mousetraps in under-eaves loft areas
    - blood test
    - take Rosie to training class, then for a walk on the big hills, then to the vets to get her claws clipped
    - early tea because DH is out this evening (playing small trains)

It's going to be a busy week here.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
    Last edited by ionafan; 08-01-2018 at 8:06 AM.
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    09/01/2018: 11 st 5 lb
    16/01/2018: 11 st 2.5 lb
    • katto
    • By katto 8th Jan 18, 8:22 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    katto
    I’m in - house felt better after last weeks efforts. My bathroom is frustrating as we have a stained ancient bath it is impossible to make look clean - at least I will know it is - even if it doesn’t look it!!
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 8th Jan 18, 8:29 AM
    • 15,423 Posts
    • 197,304 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    In work this morning to do my first aid refresher then back this afternoon to do the lists and batch cook for the week.
    Dd2s baby was due yesterday no sign yet but they come when they are ready don't they. Dd2 claimed baby is waiting for Wednesday to share granddad (my dh birthday) we shall see.

Have a good day all hope everyone is well x
    grocery challenge January budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    christmas Stocking
    17in 2018challenge 0/18
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 8th Jan 18, 8:36 AM
    • 994 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    donnajt
    Morning all, I'm in, will catch up on last week's thread re challenges

thank you for lists valli and natty, so glad its bathroom, mine is desperately overdue a good scrub!!!

Job of the day - put all the xmas decs away that are currently blocking the upstairs landing

happy monday all x
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Jan 18, 8:48 AM
    • 36,277 Posts
    • 467,588 Thanks
    pigpen
    I got up to bed to find Twinkle had done a deposit so I had to wake her to change her which meant she was in my bed all night.. again.. I coughed, a lot, she squirmed, a lot and while she is still snoring I am up and wishing I was not and hoping next doors house falls down and squishes the builders working in there.. drilling already and she is asleep.. I am not happy!! We all need sleep!

DD2 is supposed to be going back to uni today and my sister stayed with DS1 last night. He seemed a bit lighter last night and managed to hug me without crying.. he still thinks gf is coming back but she isn't, not this time I am pretty certain of that. TBH I don't blame her, I'd have left a long time ago but that doesn't mean she has to be cruel in her execution of leaving. I actually think she has found someone else she wants to be seeing, not who she has already been seeing.. but it is what it is and we will take it one step at a time.

Financial decision to be made today.. I think I need OH to help.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 8th Jan 18, 8:59 AM
    • 994 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    donnajt
    challenges

I've searched last weeks and 25/12 threads for challenge info

Slinkies - how long does this challenge last?
    Flymarketeers - what is this challenge
    h2h - I am so in, house in good shape after xmas declutter challenge but lots of decorating, odds and sods to contend with

thank you all x
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

1,925Users online

Martin's Twitter