Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Southernbird
    • By Southernbird 7th Jan 18, 11:19 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    • #1
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:19 AM
    Questions? 7th Jan 18 at 11:19 AM
    Good morning everyone

    My husband has gone bankrupt and had his interview last week. I am not bankrupt.

    They talked about how he got into trouble etc
    Now the reorder wants copy of:

    1. Rental agreement
    2. Combined budget for us a couple.

    Why does he have a wants all of this and it is normal.

    Iíve been worried sick. I work so hard and canít take much more.

    Thank you all.
Page 1
    • Southernbird
    • By Southernbird 7th Jan 18, 11:43 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • #2
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:43 AM
    • #2
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:43 AM
    Meant receiver has asked for.
    • GazHatesBanks
    • By GazHatesBanks 7th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    • #3
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • #3
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    It's all normal and nothing to worry about.

    The rental agreement will normally mean they won't need to contact your landlord.

    The budget or Statement of Affairs (SoA) will be to calculate if he has any surplus income that can be used for an IPA. If you want to pop the details on here use this calculator, format for MSE and pop it up on here. There are lots of people who will be able to advise what is allowable (although the board can be quiet on a Sunday).
    • debt doctor
    • By debt doctor 7th Jan 18, 2:17 PM
    • 4,186 Posts
    • 5,859 Thanks
    debt doctor
    • #4
    • 7th Jan 18, 2:17 PM
    • #4
    • 7th Jan 18, 2:17 PM
    A non bankrupt partner only has to provide a sufficient amount of their income that provides a proportional fair amount to the household costs based on the income ratio between the two of you.
    A non bankrupt is entitled to enjoy their surplus income, pay their own debts they may have and their own personal costs.
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

483Posts Today

4,577Users online

Martin's Twitter