Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • philng
    • By philng 7th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    • 545Posts
    • 57Thanks
    philng
    Crohns & Travel Insurance?
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    Crohns & Travel Insurance? 7th Jan 18 at 11:10 AM
    Just been diagnosed with Crohns Disease. Symptons are pretty mild.

Is this likely to affect future Travel Insurance?
Page 1
    • philng
    • By philng 7th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 545 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    philng
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    Just found it myself actually it is a No Screen condition on the Lloyds Platinum Account Travel Insurance so automatically covered which is good news.
    • want_to_save
    • By want_to_save 7th Jan 18, 12:27 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 542 Thanks
    want_to_save
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:27 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:27 PM
    be careful i have had crohns for over 20 years and i get a separate policy as you have to declarie it
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    • 34,064 Posts
    • 18,027 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    be careful i have had crohns for over 20 years and i get a separate policy as you have to declarie it
    Originally posted by want_to_save
    Assuming you are paying extra for your separate policy (and you also have a Lloyd's platinum account) then you have missed that there is no need to declare it and are wasting your money on the separate policy
    • want_to_save
    • By want_to_save 7th Jan 18, 1:11 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 542 Thanks
    want_to_save
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:11 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:11 PM
    i dont have a platinum account so i purchase my travel insurance separately.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    • 34,064 Posts
    • 18,027 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    i dont have a platinum account so i purchase my travel insurance separately.
    Originally posted by want_to_save
    So advising the OP "you have to declare it" was just unnecessary scaremongering??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

2,210Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin