Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• bmcdonagh
    • By bmcdonagh 7th Jan 18, 11:01 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lack of Info help please!
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:01 AM
    Lack of Info help please! 7th Jan 18 at 11:01 AM
    Hi guys,

I have had loans & credit cards over the years and may have had PPI on some of them (i know i haven't taken PPI in the past 10 years). However, whist i know the names and the nature of the accounts, i don't have the account numbers as they were closed years ago and my Experian report will only show the past 6 years.

So, my question do i find old account numbers? I'm not even sure of the exact year that the loan or CC was taken out! Can i just write to the company asking for details of accounts for me at the various addresses i have had over those years?

I'm sure that all of the companies involved are still trading and are major companies so i won't have too much trouble contacting them.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in the Forum but i've just spent that last 45 mins searching and couldn't find anything!

Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    • 16,036 Posts
    • 17,016 Thanks
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    You write to the lenders you think you had PPI with. They'll tell you what they have.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

231Posts Today

2,666Users online

Martin's Twitter