Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • notaclue2018
    • By notaclue2018 7th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 1Thanks
    notaclue2018
    Remortgaing - credit advice
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    Remortgaing - credit advice 7th Jan 18 at 9:12 AM
    Hi

I want to remortgage and have been checking my credit reports in advance. Experian and Equifax have me as having excellent credit ratings but note that I am not on the electoral register. I am urgently looking into that and have emailed my local authority to sort it out. But callcredit say they cannot verify me at all - is this likely to be due to the electoral roll issue too? It seems strange they cant give me any kind of report. I have tried different credit cards to verify but no luck. How important is it that all 3 have my credit reports If I want to remortgage?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Jan 18, 9:32 AM
    • 14,890 Posts
    • 15,712 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:32 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:32 AM
    It depends which lender you use. One that relies on Call Credit will want to see it.

The ER is an important factor so get that sorted before applying as lenders will strongly disagree with your 'excellent credit rating' without it.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 7th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 1,383 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    Remember that you can also remortgage to a better deal with your current mortgage provider. This has the advantage that they don't have to do an affordability check and in most cases they'll just ask you if you can afford the repayments on the new deal. Also there's no fees to pay such as legals etc. If you have dropped a LTV band though you'll need to make sure they're aware of that. So whilst the interest rate you may be offered with your current lender might not be the lowest, when you factor in the ease and the cost savings it may end up being the better option.
    • notaclue2018
    • By notaclue2018 7th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    notaclue2018
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    Thanks. The problem is that I need a buy to let mortgage which my provider does not offer. That had been my original plan but it has been scuppered. It's quite frustrating - I've got a lot of stress in my life at the moment and I'm finding it hard to cope.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,590Posts Today

8,846Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bigmickwelsh63: @MartinSLewis Already done it.... donated my kidney to my brother almost 30yrs ago. Not sure if I would have done it fo?

• Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• Follow Martin