Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Digital_2012
    • By Digital_2012 7th Jan 18, 1:16 AM
    • 41Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Digital_2012
    Victim of identity fraud and 3 parking fines
    • 7th Jan 18, 1:16 AM
    Victim of identity fraud and 3 parking fines 7th Jan 18 at 1:16 AM
    Hi guys,

I need some urgent advice, i just recieved three letters from Marston company asking me to pay three parking fines or they going to send a bailiff to take over all my belongings by 31st Jan 18.

My driving details have been stolen in early march 2017 and i been informed by DVLA in June, that someone used my details to get the new licence but after providing some security details they issued me new licence.

When i asked if they found out who is the culprit then they told me that matter is with west Yorkshire police and i dont have to do anything.

After that in september 2017 people from vw company came to my house to recover the car but after clarifying every thing, they advised me that i should report to the police as you are the victim of identity fraud because someone got the vw car on finance and used my details and did not pay the installment.

I reported the police straight away and police gave me the fraud incident number, the criminals also used my details and got the loan around £60000 as well but all companies who been scammed removed my name from their list after finding out that i am the victim of identity fraud.

Now Marston company want around £550 parking fines and not accepting the police incident number or dvla letter.

The Marston company wants police report, when i asked police about the report they said they do not issue the reports to individuals but they made a new report specifically for Marston group and asked me to give the reference number to Marston then they can contact police and police will provide the police report to them.

Now the problem is that Marston not accepting and insist that i have to proivde the police report as they do not contact to third party.

I do not know what to do as i am victim of identity fraud but Marston company just want their money and they giving threats that i should resolve the matter by 31st or they coming to my house to take all belongings.

I never received any letter from Marston before as the culprit used different address where i never lived, now i received notices of enforcement to my address and i have no idea where shall i go from here
    Last edited by Digital_2012; 07-01-2018 at 1:31 AM.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jan 18, 4:50 AM
    • 16,282 Posts
    • 25,328 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:50 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 4:50 AM
    You will be best served in dealing with bailiffs by making contact with 'Bailiff Advice Online'. Sheila, who provides this excellent service, has an extremely good reputation for assisting people with bailiff issues.

Calls and the email enquiry service are free.

Here's your link:

http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk

Sheila also posts on MSE as 'Herbie21'

HTH
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jan 18, 12:05 AM
    • 52,728 Posts
    • 66,253 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:05 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:05 AM
    Marstons are nasty, IMHO. Reading this is shocking, absolute harassment of you by the bailiffs.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

8,948Users online

Martin's Twitter