Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pat26
    • By Pat26 6th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Pat26
    PCM appeal response as a driver
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    PCM appeal response as a driver 6th Jan 18 at 7:10 PM
    I recently appealed and won three PCN issued by PCM at the IAS appeal stage 1. For all three PCNs the common elements were:
    - issued in the same location for not displaying a permit
    - as a result the basis for the appeal was the same - lack of clear signage as per the IPC code of conduct
    - I did not wait for the NTK
    - I said that I was the registered keeper and that I'm liable for the parking charge but wasn't prepared to say who was driving at the time the PCN was issued.
    All three appeals were allowed with the response "The Operator conceded this appeal due to Mitigation."

There is a fourth PCN (PCN 4) that I have appealed on the same basis as the above three but for this I was the driver and said so. The appeal for this is still on-going and past stage 1. It is my turn to respond. Note that the appeals for above 3 PCNs were lodged after the PCN 4 appeal was lodged with IAS.

If PCN 4 was issued in the same location as the above three and appealed on the same basis as the appeals that were allowed, can I point this out in my response? Even though I said I was the driver for PCN 4? Will this jeapordise my appeal? Or will it jeapordise the IAS appeals that were already allowed?

If all the PCNs were issued in the same location and appealed on the same basis shouldn't the outcome be the same no matter who the driver was?

There is a fifth PCN (PCN 5) which was issued a whilst back. As with all four PCNs above, it was issued in the same location for not displaying a permit. I did not appeal this at all. This has now reached Gladstones. I received the initial letter beginning of Dec requesting payment within 14 days.
    I managed to track down an email address for Gladstones and emailed them saying that PCN 5 was issued in the same location and in similar circumstances as PCN 4 and that PCN 4 is being appealed. I requested an extension to payment window until I received a decision on the PCN 4 appeal. I have not received a response.
    Yesterday received a final reminder to pay dated 29th Dec. I raised an enquiry again requesting an extension to payment window. I intend to write (by post) to Gladstones too with the same request. In this letter can I point out that I my appeals for the first PCNs were allowed stressing that PCN 5 wa issued in the same location for not displaying a permit?

Note that for all of the above PCNs I was in the bay allocated to me as per the lease and I am the leaseholder. The PCN was issued claiming that a permit was not on display. The site lacks PCM signage/signage that is clearly visible to a driver.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 1:56 AM
    • 52,853 Posts
    • 66,371 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, do that, just fire something at them that makes them have to cough up details.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Pat26
    • By Pat26 13th Jan 18, 7:45 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Pat26
    Success! IAS appeal won due to mitigation
    • Pat26
    • By Pat26 13th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Pat26
    Many thanks for all your help!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jan 18, 9:25 PM
    • 5,123 Posts
    • 3,591 Thanks
    KeithP
    Success! IAS appeal won due to mitigation
    Originally posted by Pat26
    Well done.

Is that for both PCNs?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 52,853 Posts
    • 66,371 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It is VERY interesting to read that PCM are currently folding in some IAS appeals. Makes some of us start to think maybe PCM are under some sort of warning and are more likely not to risk well-argued cases, more often than not, at IAS.

How many have you won now, all in a row?

What do you mean 'due to mitigation' was that PCM's excuse and they pulled out? No final Assessor decision?

Do complain to your MP about this harassment, tell them about it and get support for the new Bill mentioned on this forum.

Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Pat26
    • By Pat26 13th Jan 18, 11:30 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Pat26
    Well done.

Is that for both PCNs?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Just the one. The other is with Gladstones
    • Pat26
    • By Pat26 13th Jan 18, 11:39 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Pat26

How many have you won now, all in a row?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Four in a row

What do you mean 'due to mitigation' was that PCM's excuse and they pulled out? No final Assessor decision?
    Yes it was PCM's response, didn't reach the assessor

Do complain to your MP about this harassment, tell them about it and get support for the new Bill mentioned on this forum.

I have noted several people mention the Bill and will definitely support it.

For now time to prepare for gladstones!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 18, 11:42 PM
    • 52,853 Posts
    • 66,371 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes it was PCM's response, didn't reach the assessor
    Thanks, you are really making me think they are ducking the more difficult IAS decisions. I'd guess they are on sanction points, perhaps, and as such it might be worth us encouraging others with PCM charges, to push them to IAS after all.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,128Posts Today

8,707Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• Follow Martin