Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 6th Jan 18, 6:32 PM
    • 2,824Posts
    • 455Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    How long to SORN a car? Too late for refund?
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:32 PM
    How long to SORN a car? Too late for refund? 6th Jan 18 at 6:32 PM
    As per thread in December my brother either lost his V5C or my mother moved it somewhere but the bottom line is - it can't be found. It also came time to SORN it.

So V62 was filled out and V890 was as well. On the V890 in section 2 the box was ticked to say that the V62 was being sent in as well.

My brother at the time didn't have a cheque book for his bank account so i wrote out a cheque for the £25 and stapled it to the V62 paperwork.

Posted it off 1st class on 16th December.

He's had no V5C through so today i check the bank account and the £25 hasn't been taken from my account.

Run a check on his reg plate online and it says it's still taxed.

Are we within timeframes for this still to be getting processed or does it sound like it's not going right?

Has he basically missed out on a refund for January's tax then even though he posted it off in time?

Page 1
    • droopsnoot
    • By droopsnoot 8th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    droopsnoot
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    It always used to be the case that the refund was posted from the postmark date on the envelope, so in theory you should get the refund if everything else is OK. Did you keep proof of postage when you sent it?
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 8th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 2,824 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    Phone call made today

Turns out the V5C is on the way and it has been declared SORN ... just the online system hasn't been updated to reflect this (and my bank hasn't been updated to say the cheque has been cashed)

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,148Posts Today

9,639Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin