Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tryweryn2018
    • By Tryweryn2018 6th Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Tryweryn2018
    Letter before court came today.
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    Letter before court came today. 6th Jan 18 at 4:52 PM
    Hi just received my letter before court from parking eye.
    10 Nov 2017

Time in car park 3.15hrs
    Cant see anything on letters about how long car was over the limit or what the limit was.
    Car is driven by two ppl i am reg keeper.
    My reason:Had sufficient time to leave car park. Pulled in for a MacDonald. Huge queue that i got stuck in and unable to get out in time. only way out was through car park. Got LBC today.
    D0 I appeal at this stage as I ignored all letters till now? Do I appeal to Parking eye first?
    Many thanks for any help.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    • 17,209 Posts
    • 21,504 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    too late to appeal , that ship sailed over a month ago

you must rebut the LBC by sending an LBC rebuttal

see post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread for details

chances are it was an alleged overstay of 15 minutes or less , which comes under the BPA CoP clause #13

in your rebuttal , you can tell them to follow the oct 2017 PaP and give full details of the incident , any proof and what the invoice is actually for

you should also mention that you believe the driver was stuck in a queue onsite and so this accounts for any alleged overstay, and state that the BPA CoP clause #13 will be used in any defence
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Tryweryn2018
    • By Tryweryn2018 6th Jan 18, 5:02 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Tryweryn2018
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:02 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:02 PM
    Many thanks for that...I will do that today.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 17,209 Posts
    • 21,504 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    also complain to the MA for the retail park, or the landowner , and insist on a cancellation, that is your best option to get this killed off
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Tryweryn2018
    • By Tryweryn2018 6th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Tryweryn2018
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    Curiosity with these new LBC methods, does it go through the small claims court? I'm just wondering the maximum damage they can do to me, costs etc?
    Last edited by Tryweryn2018; 06-01-2018 at 5:44 PM.
    • Tryweryn2018
    • By Tryweryn2018 6th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Tryweryn2018
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    One last thing...I may have paid by card. Do I need to send parking eye copies of proof etc such as card transactions for MacDonald or witness statements?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Jan 18, 6:34 PM
    • 17,209 Posts
    • 21,504 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:34 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:34 PM
    as long as the drivers details are not revealed , send what you like as proof of patronage

AN OCCUPANT of the vehicle used mcD and here is the proof of payment etc

LBC is prior to MCOL

MCOL is the actual court claim , not the LBC

a typical loss in the small claims court could be around £1 when you add the court fees to the parking charge

the PPC has 6 years to issue a court claim
    Newbies !!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 7,678 Posts
    • 6,748 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    Curiosity with these new LBC methods, does it go through the small claims court? I'm just wondering the maximum damage they can do to me, costs etc?
    Originally posted by Tryweryn2018

In my opinion it is you who can inflict damage on them, especially if you can get a letter from MacDonalds confirming that there was a queue to order.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Jan 18, 7:01 PM
    • 16,398 Posts
    • 25,502 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:01 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:01 PM
    a typical loss in the small claims court could be around £1 when you add the court fees to the parking charge
    I think Redx meant £175.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 7:48 PM
    • 52,924 Posts
    • 66,467 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    One last thing...I may have paid by card. Do I need to send parking eye copies of proof etc such as card transactions for MacDonald or witness statements?
    Originally posted by Tryweryn2018
    Yes, I would open up email comms, never a letter to PE:

enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

but if the PCN was one without the POFA words on the back (check!) do NOT imply who was driving.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

294Posts Today

2,642Users online

Martin's Twitter