Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cazs
    • By cazs 6th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 503Posts
    • 209Thanks
    cazs
    Is this a supplier problem or a boiler problem?
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    Is this a supplier problem or a boiler problem? 6th Jan 18 at 4:42 PM
    I've a GlowWord XtraFast 96/120 boiler and both my gas and electric are currently (for about 1 year) supplied by Iresa. I think they were a MSE rec at the time.

On 2 occasions within 24 hours in early Dec and again this afternoon the boiler has turned itself off with a 'no gas supply' issue. Powering off the boiler and back on resolves it straightaway.

But does this sound like an issue with a boiler in which case it may need plumber attention or is the problem coming from my supplier - perhaps because it's a really chilly weekend and a high demand time or something?

I raised support tickets with both GlowWorm and Iresa a month back but no answers.
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Jan 18, 5:16 PM
    • 17,722 Posts
    • 11,979 Thanks
    molerat
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:16 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:16 PM
    Your supplier has no input to the gas you use other than billing you for it. I suspect a sensor on your boiler is playing up so get a local Gas Safe registered tech in
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 6th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    • 2,120 Posts
    • 1,354 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    Contact a local boiler engineer - even if Glow Worm tell you what they think may be wrong what would you do then ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 6th Jan 18, 7:39 PM
    • 4,878 Posts
    • 2,986 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:39 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:39 PM
    The manual states:

Gas supply temporarily stopped, flue gas recirculation, incorrect earthing of product, ignition transformer has spark fallure

My money is on the last one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

294Posts Today

2,642Users online

Martin's Twitter