Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cadern
    • By Cadern 6th Jan 18, 4:14 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Cadern
    Premier Parking - POPLA Appeal Denied
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:14 PM
    Premier Parking - POPLA Appeal Denied 6th Jan 18 at 4:14 PM
    I have been living in my building since 2011, it is situated on private land (huge housing/shopping complex) and my building has private underground parking. When I moved in I was issued with a Parking Permit and I get my own private car park space. The parking permit has NO dates on it and does not mention when it is valid until.

In November 2017 I came downstairs to find that I'd been issued a parking notice by Premier Parking despite showing my valid parking permit. When I spoke to the build managers I was told that the permit I had was invalid and that new ones had been issued in 2015. There were NO signs pinned up in the garage and no letters had been put through my door. When I spoke to my letting agency that informed me (and confirmed via e-mail) that although the landlord had been sent an application for new parking permit,s they had not applied for new ones.

I sent my appeal to Popla with this evidence, they rejected on the appeal that although it wasn't my fault, Premier Parking had a right to give me a PCN as my permit was not valid.

To re-cap

Old parking permit has no mention of expiry dates whatsoever, neither does the new parking permit.
    No signs were hung up in the garage or letter sent to residents of my block of flats.

My question is, can I just ignore Premier Parking on this and not pay a dime? I have no intention of paying as in my eyes I was validly parked in my own spot. Thanks!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 34,146 Posts
    • 18,098 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    Everyone is asked politely not to start a thread till they have read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Go there now for an understanding of the game you are caught up in

After POPLA all you can do (apart from press the MA to get this cancelled) is wait and see if they take court action - when you can come back for advice on defending at that time
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 52,907 Posts
    • 66,430 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    My question is, can I just ignore Premier Parking on this and not pay a dime? I have no intention of paying as in my eyes I was validly parked in my own spot.
    Originally posted by Cadern
    Yes, basically. That appeal was doomed at POPLA; you were never going to win saying that.

Come back if they try a claim but they are not big on litigation and are beatable.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Cadern
    • By Cadern 9th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cadern
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    Thanks, I've read through the post and I'm a tad confused. It says to ignore them, but then also mentions not to ignore them. Do I just not respond to them and keep all the letters they send me? Below is part of the first letter they sent me.

I'm also moving property in the next 5 months and changing the registered address of the vehicle, should I inform them?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 34,146 Posts
    • 18,098 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    Yes you should inform the PPC of your new address. And keep a copy of the letter and the certificate of posting. (Don't use signed for!,)

Should they decide to go to court then you need to get the correspondence do so you do not end up with a ccj against you that you know nothing about.

The Newbies FAQ thread is quite clear - once you get to the debt collectors stage you ignore everything except court correspondence or a lbcca.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 8,091 Posts
    • 8,486 Thanks
    pappa golf
    they can only ask your details of your vehicle once , however you must update to keep DVLA happy

the parking co can continue to request money forever , however they have only 6 yrs to press charges in the county court , so you MUST update them , or you may find a default CCJ on your file
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

1,925Users online

Martin's Twitter