Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pinewelshdresser
    • By pinewelshdresser 6th Jan 18, 3:53 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pinewelshdresser
    BT Price Increase - what is sufficient notification?
    • 6th Jan 18, 3:53 PM
    BT Price Increase - what is sufficient notification? 6th Jan 18 at 3:53 PM
    We are currently having a nightmare with BT. When I took out the contract with them in Dec 2016, I have specifically asked them to update our email address and send us any price increase notification to this email address.

During the April price increase, BT claimed to have sent us notification via the My BT log in section (I still can't find it). Unfortunately, we had been occupied with other things in our lives and did not notice the price increase.

It was actually later on my subscription on the MoneySavingExpert website that told us that there is a price increase that we looked at it properly. With the Jan 2018 price increase, they had sent an email to the old obsolete email address that we asked to be changed to notify us.

While we have been given the opportunity to leave, I wondered if anyone can shed any light on whether or not sending a message to our BT account classed as adequate notification? As I am not sure the last price increase was valid as we have not received the correct notification.

Thanks so much in advance!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,084Posts Today

10,050Users online

Martin's Twitter