Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 6th Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    • 5,023Posts
    • 10,196Thanks
    marliepanda
    How much are sellers allowed to charge for ‘packaging’
    • 6th Jan 18, 1:37 PM
    How much are sellers allowed to charge for ‘packaging’ 6th Jan 18 at 1:37 PM
    I am the buyer here. I bought a few items (small items which from my own experience would have gone for £2.80) postage listed as £5 each.

I bought about 5 of these items and the revised postage was given as £12.00. When I got the items today £6.50 is the postage cost.

I have asked the seller to refund some of the difference however she has said that the postage cost includes postage and packaging. I don’t feel very happy to pay £5.50 for a reused BeautyBay box and a few bits of bubble wrap, and her ebay fee also. What are eBays rules on this?

In my opinion I’d have expected £4 back.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
Page 3
    • epm-84
    • By epm-84 8th Jan 18, 11:22 AM
    • 1,332 Posts
    • 4,310 Thanks
    epm-84
    Seller stated a new box would need to be purchased, justifying the overall postage cost.

Item was then shipped in a used box with no reduction in postage (until buyer asked).

I hardly think the buyer is in the wrong here!
    Originally posted by KxMx
    It's entirely possible the seller needed that box for something else but dispatched the items in the used box she already had so they could be sent straight away, whereas if the seller had waited until she had acquired the new box the items wouldn't have been dispatched as quickly.

However, unless the seller communicated why she said a new box was required and sent it in a reused box then it's understandable why the buyer isn't 100% satisfied.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

920Posts Today

7,776Users online

Martin's Twitter