Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dmgoodwin
    • By Dmgoodwin 6th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dmgoodwin
    International parcel delivered to wrong address
    • 6th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    International parcel delivered to wrong address 6th Jan 18 at 10:46 AM
    Hi, I ordered a solid oak coffee table on line to be delivered to France. Waited 10 weeks for it to be made and a further 6 for it to be delivered before chasing up where it is. Having been told it was delivered to a neighbour and digging deeper Iíve found it has been delivered to another house in another town 2 hours away but still under my name. They turned the table away a couple of times but decided in the end just to have it.
    I now have the vendor I bought the table from who had the correct address and have emailed me their postage slip with the correct address, the uk transport hub, the main French hub and the local haulier not taking responsibility or fixing the situation. Somewhere along the way the address got switched but my name stayed the same. The table has been with someone else for a month now. Where do I stand? What are my consumer rights? Who is responsible here? Any help/advice appreciated thank you.
Page 1
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 6th Jan 18, 12:56 PM
    • 15,470 Posts
    • 21,166 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:56 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:56 PM
    Was it a UK company you ordered from?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 6th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    • 19,178 Posts
    • 14,837 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:54 PM
    How did you pay? I'd be looking to get the money back and buy elsewhere.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,440Posts Today

9,227Users online

Martin's Twitter