Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• LDB90
    • By LDB90 6th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HTB ISA - can you add cash at the end?
    • 6th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    HTB ISA - can you add cash at the end? 6th Jan 18 at 10:17 AM
    Hi there,

We have 2 Help to Buy ISAs opened to use jointly on a house deposit. We cab save more than the (joint) £400 pcm we can deposit in to the ISAs so my question is...

When we come to use the ISA balance + the gov't bonus for our deposit, can we add an additional cash balance (that we have saved separately)?

Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 6th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    • 33,018 Posts
    • 17,799 Thanks
    • 6th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    Yes. You would simply hand it over to your solicitor at the same time.

If everyone was restricted to a deposit from HTB ISAs alone, very few would be able to proceed when they have a higher deposit.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,106Posts Today

6,908Users online

Martin's Twitter