Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blue_Fisherman
    • By Blue_Fisherman 6th Jan 18, 1:30 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Blue_Fisherman
    Section 75 query.
    • 6th Jan 18, 1:30 AM
    Section 75 query. 6th Jan 18 at 1:30 AM
    In November I bought a pair of shoes online for £121.00. They were to small so I used their free-post return service and obtained proof of postage. I have not been refunded for these yet as they say they haven’t received them. Once they receive them they’ll refund me.
    I think that is too open ended and as I’d followed their returns procedure to the letter I’d expect them to refund. Does the forum think I might bring a breach of contract against the supplier and claim the £121.00 from the credit card company based on they have not fulfilled their contract in acknowledging my proof of postage for returns which is their recommended process?
Page 1
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 6th Jan 18, 7:40 AM
    • 1,693 Posts
    • 1,035 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:40 AM
    • 6th Jan 18, 7:40 AM
    Did you have a tracking number? Does the website say it has been delivered? This could become messy as the supplier could blame the mail system. There are often issues with internet orders where suppliers blame couriers.

I'd contact your credit card company and ask their views. They might do a chargeback for you, but that could again be problematic if the supplier challenges it.

Ultimately if you want to pursue it you might need to take both the supplier and the credit card company to the small claims court.
    • Blue_Fisherman
    • By Blue_Fisherman 6th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Blue_Fisherman
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    The company provided a ‘licensed’ free-post return label and a recommendation to obtain proof of posting. As this is their recommended method of return I felt it had an implied level of security. Had I felt otherwise, I’d have used a tracking service. Contact has been by email so far but I will speak to them on Monday in an attempt to resolve it. If this doesn’t work I’ll contact the CC company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,841Users online

Martin's Twitter