Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 5th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 1,058Posts
    • 378Thanks
    Jan Service/MOT Sat 6th
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    Jan Service/MOT Sat 6th 5th Jan 18 at 8:59 PM
    Mser's wish me luck
    After a 3rdy party accident Jan 2017 when my car was written off.
    I find myself with Jan service and m.o.t tomorrow!
    Not like me at all to begin a new year with car maintenance.
    5dr clio 2014 -30k approx.
    Though I think I might have to mention tomorrow
    Is 35 mpg -reasonable,
    It maybe that I was missing my previous Clio -though Iím almost certain that was constant +40/45 mpg -both 5 dr 1.2 petrol.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
Page 2
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 12th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    Before a tyre looks down on pressure it's likely to be quite far way down - more than just three or four psi.

Tyres that low could be very dangerous if you need to swerve or brake hard.

For safety's sake if nothing else, find out the correct tyre pressures.

I'n not familiar with Clios but it's likely to be on a label on the driver's door post or perhaps on the fuel filler flap.

Go to a Sainsbury's supermarket - where the air is more than likely going to be free, and take your time to get the pressures spot on.

I suggest that you continue with the 'short-shifting' (changing up a gear well before the car reaches peak revs) it will only mean a tad longer in reaching your target speed and will definitely improve your mpg figures.

Good luck.
    Originally posted by Iceweasel
    Respect mserís excellent advice.
    I might get psi from handbook-door label isnít easy for me to reach visually though there is labels on inside of doors.

Short shifting is working well though takes some getting used to though led gear changes via dash are certainly short shifting.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

782Posts Today

7,114Users online

Martin's Twitter