Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr Pegs
    • By Mr Pegs 5th Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Mr Pegs
    DWP Job Coach
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    DWP Job Coach 5th Jan 18 at 8:52 PM
    I wish to delete this tread
    Last edited by Mr Pegs; 06-01-2018 at 6:37 AM.
Page 1
    • Hoogle
    • By Hoogle 5th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    Hoogle
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    I dont think it would be a stressful job but i could imagine it being a busy job. people queue to see you, they show you diaries of looking for work, probably a lot of false info you sign it put it on the system they turned up move onto next person. Now if you want to be the person to follow up on peoples so called job applications and check they really are searching that is where it will get time consuming but I would commend you for doing so benefits are given out to easily with very little evidence needed, yet when the genuine sick/disabled people apply they have to jump through hoops to get things like pip
    • annandale
    • By annandale 5th Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    annandale
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    My coach has access to my UJM account, I do not show him a diary. You think benefits are given out too easily with little evidence required? Try being on universal credit and see how you go. And the info I give is not false. I would recommend the OP joins a universal credit group on facebook, you'll find work coaches on there.

I do not queue to see my work coach either. I am given a set appointment time and I turn up and wait to see him while he is finishing with the previous person he is seeing.
    • cool-dog
    • By cool-dog 6th Jan 18, 5:35 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    cool-dog
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:35 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 5:35 PM
    I advertised for a carer for my partner, whilst I am at work.
    The amount of time wasters was unreal, after the first couple we realised that people are applying to put on their job search record, they actually had no intention of applying. A couple did turn up for interview, but then made excuses when offered the job (leaving the country etc)
    I wasted so much time on these time wasters, if / when we have to recruit again and we come across time wasters again, I will be reporting them to the DWP as having no real intention of finding work.
    I don't agree with the governments handling of benefit claimants, but some people really do take the pee.
    • ohreally
    • By ohreally 6th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    • 6,445 Posts
    • 4,943 Thanks
    ohreally
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    I will be reporting them to the DWP as having no real intention of finding work.
    Originally posted by cool-dog
    The DWP and their contractors are the issue, not the claimants why are being hounded to apply for unsuitable posts.

Perhaps you should be raising this concern with your MP.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 6th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 793 Posts
    • 1,419 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    I dont think it would be a stressful job but i could imagine it being a busy job. people queue to see you, they show you diaries of looking for work, probably a lot of false info you sign it put it on the system they turned up move onto next person. Now if you want to be the person to follow up on peoples so called job applications and check they really are searching that is where it will get time consuming but I would commend you for doing so benefits are given out to easily with very little evidence needed, yet when the genuine sick/disabled people apply they have to jump through hoops to get things like pip
    Originally posted by Hoogle
    Hoogle, do you not claim benefits yourself? Perhaps I'm confusing you with somebody else, as I can't believe one claimant would be so judgemental against others.
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 6th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 2,999 Posts
    • 1,552 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    But surely cool-dog, they would produce applications which would see someone not wanting to give them the time of day - eg. spelling and grammar mistakes, produces a poor CV/application through to not answering the phone or returning email that offers a job interview. (which is often said to be a two way street when possible and still nothing you can be sure of sometimes until you actually start work).
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 6th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 18,914 Posts
    • 19,262 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 6th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    Mr Pegs, nothing makes me more furious than the insult to the kind people who take the trouble to post on this board than people who post looking for work, and then delete their post for no good reason. (And there are hardly any good reasons.)
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • Mr Pegs
    • By Mr Pegs 7th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Mr Pegs
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    Mr Pegs, nothing makes me more furious than the insult to the kind people who take the trouble to post on this board than people who post looking for work, and then delete their post for no good reason. (And there are hardly any good reasons.)
    Originally posted by jobbingmusician
    I realised I posted in the wrong area my question I therefore deleted it. I apologise for my error and any insult that may cause. I don't come here to insult people along with making you furious again sorry... I will ask my question elsewhere,
    thanks
    Last edited by Mr Pegs; 07-01-2018 at 1:18 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,619Users online

Martin's Twitter