Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Csa Walsh
    • By Csa Walsh 5th Jan 18, 7:17 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Csa Walsh
    Coupling Help to Buy ISA & Shared Ownership Scheme
    • 5th Jan 18, 7:17 PM
    Coupling Help to Buy ISA & Shared Ownership Scheme 5th Jan 18 at 7:17 PM
    Hi,
    I haven't had much luck trying to find this information online so you guys are my last turn before a bank.

My partner and I are looking to take advantage of current new build government schemes to help us in owning our first home. We are hesitate to pin our hopes on the schemes as we appear to be slightly priced out of the market for two bedroom homes in our area (Gravesend) with the Help to Buy ISA limit being applicable to homes at or under 250k.

My question being, if we opt for a Shared Ownership Scheme at a 50% mortgage 50% rent, would that reduce the value of a home on paper from lets say 300k too 150k. Ultimately allowing us to use our Help to Buy ISA in conjunction?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
    Connor.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,345Posts Today

8,772Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Of course but this question is about the specific "ladies first" rule. Ie a man giving a seat because it's a lady n? https://t.co/FBmEfwnHNM

• Today's twitter poll: Traditional manners have/had the concept of "ladies first". Is that compatible with gender eq? https://t.co/Qk4bC3pHjk

• RT @helwid87: @MartinSLewis Thankyou for your student loan refund advice. My £617 refund came through yesterday, making January less of a t?

• Follow Martin