Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Radderz88
    • By Radderz88 5th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    • 51Posts
    • 17Thanks
    Radderz88
    Travel Credit Cards & Your Credit Score
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    Travel Credit Cards & Your Credit Score 5th Jan 18 at 6:08 PM
    Hi,

I'm weighing up whether to get a Travel Credit Card for a couple of trips to Europe this year, or whether to go down the old fashioned route of getting some cash exchanged.

One question I have (which I haven't come across yet in some of the forums and articles I've read so apologies if it has already been discussed to death) is whether applying for a Travel Credit Card would impact your credit score in the same way that applying for a normal credit card would? I assume it probably would but am interested to see if anyone else has any thoughts on it?

I'm probably looking to buy a property in the next couple of years as a first time buyer, and with a mortgage application to consider I obviously don't want to go and do something that would make me appear higher risk to any lenders.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Jan 18, 6:31 PM
    • 14,812 Posts
    • 15,648 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:31 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:31 PM
    You don't have a credit score but you do have credit history.

Travel credit cards are no different to any other credit card in demonstrating how you manage credit and building your history.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,271Posts Today

10,051Users online

Martin's Twitter