Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • a1terrier
    • By a1terrier 5th Jan 18, 5:01 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    a1terrier
    N1 Form received
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:01 PM
    N1 Form received 5th Jan 18 at 5:01 PM
    Hi All

Need some advice please.

Having a long standing parking ticket battle.

I received a letter of claim in November to which I replied after (Got proof of posting) about ten days due to being away on holiday. I got no response until a notice of pending c/court letter arrived a month after the LOC. I replied after 10 days (Again due to holidays and got proof of posting) enclosing copies of my earlier letter which asked them if they were pursuing me as keeper or driver, contractual breach, trespass etc. As I said they have not responded to my letter.
    There were 49 days between alleged offence and date of first PCN, no ticket on car.
    Today I received a claim form from court.(It looks like a photocopy but its in a court envelope)
    I intend to fight this all the way as I was not the driver at the time of the alleged offence. Time in between pending c/court letter and claim form is 11 days when pending letter said 30 days to respond.
    Do I reply to court or `legal company` or both. Do I fill in defence part of claim form and send to both?
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    • 40,746 Posts
    • 81,341 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    There is a handy step by step guide to court in the NEWBIES thread written by Bargepole, so I suggest that should be your starting point. I'm not court savvy myself but at this stage I believe you need to acknowledge the claim and state that you are going to defend it, but do not put anything in the defence box, not even a full stop.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    • 5,190 Posts
    • 3,654 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 5:31 PM
    Is this query related to your earlier thread?
    We do not need a new thread every time you think of a question.
    Thanks.
    • a1terrier
    • By a1terrier 5th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    a1terrier
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    Thanks for replies
    I read here that if court papers were received it was best to start a new thread to help with defence
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    • 17,196 Posts
    • 21,489 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    only if you do not have an existing thread containing all the background

I suggest you pm soOlin or crabman and ask them to merge the 2 threads into one

if you have an MCOL from Northampton CCBC , then say so and add the date of service on this claim form (YOUR POST IS AMBIGUOUS ON THIS POINT)

if the POC are with it then do the AOS , if not then follow the advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread post #2

whatever you do, READ that newbies faq sticky thread post #2

if it is an MCOL that you recently received , then do not write anything in the defence box , just do the AOS when it needs to be done , ONLINE
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,619Users online

Martin's Twitter