Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KatieP07
    • By KatieP07 5th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KatieP07
    Confused about PPI rejection
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    Confused about PPI rejection 5th Jan 18 at 12:40 PM
    Hi, I watched This Morning and heard Martin Lewis say that if you have a store card or loan years back then you were almost guaranteed to have had PPI miss sold to you. I have used the website Resolver to appeal against these accounts (which I all have paperwork for):
    Oasis VIP Store Card (IKANO Bank) / Natwest Student Overdraft / Additions Catalogue account (Shop Direct).
    All have come back to say that PPI was never added to my account. Some of the paper work does mention PPI in the T&Cs on the back of the statements but not directly in the statements. Does this mean I don't have any, or are the companies trying to palm me off? The Financial O have looked into it also and have come back to me to ask to close the cases, so I guess they wouldn't lie and its true? Sorry for sounding ignorant, this is all new to me.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Jan 18, 12:42 PM
    • 14,799 Posts
    • 15,636 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:42 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:42 PM
    It means you didn't have it and you complained about something you didn't have.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 5th Jan 18, 1:27 PM
    • 4,946 Posts
    • 5,413 Thanks
    societys child
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:27 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:27 PM
    to appeal against these accounts (which I all have paperwork for
    Any PPI charges. if you ever paid it, would be itemised, separately on the monthly statement(s).

• swin2006
    • By swin2006 6th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    swin2006
    • 6th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    Hi I need some advice please. I’ve had my response from Santander about a store card that had ppi added to it. They have told me that they will not be upholding my complaint they have said that I would have taken out the policy in any event (had it been explained to me properly I wouldn’t have done). They have advised that the policy was taken out over the phone in July 2002, do not remember this as the card was taken out in store and not over the phone. One of the reasons behind the decision was that I was in full time paid employment however on the dates stated I was on maternity leave so therefore not working the 16 hours a week minimum. They have also said it was a non advised sale what on earth is this??? There outcome was that this was offered as an optional product and that there was no breach or failing in respect of the sale. I never received any paperwork in the post confirming details of this policy and only realised I had it when I was clearing out old paperwork and saw it on there. They have also mentioned a Plevin complaint?

Any advice is appreciated
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    • 14,799 Posts
    • 15,636 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    Non advised means they didn't give you advice.

If you disagree with their decision you can refer it to FOS.

Plevin refers to excessive commissions. It sounds as if they are inviting you to complain on that basis.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 6th Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    • 7,309 Posts
    • 5,363 Thanks
    -taff
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    I don't think they can refer to the FOS can they? It was pre regulation....
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Jan 18, 4:43 PM
    • 14,799 Posts
    • 15,636 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:43 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:43 PM
    A fair point.

Let's just pretend that's what I said...

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

8,290Users online

Martin's Twitter