Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 5th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    MW1974
    Paying Fines
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:33 PM
    Paying Fines 5th Jan 18 at 12:33 PM
    Hi, just looking for some guidance re paying a fine.

The driver has received a ticket on their windscreen with a PCN from UKPC for 60 if paid within 14 days or 100 within 28 days. All standard stuff.

Having read through numerous threads an appeal seems pointless in this particular instance so they're going to make payment. When the 'notice to keeper' arrives are you given 14 days / 60 option again or does it only apply to the windscreen ticket? The 14 day for the windscreen PCN expires in a few days so they don't want to miss out if it's only offered once. If it's also offered on the NTK then they're happy to wait and drag it out a bit.

Also, are these firms payments systems secure? Or should you always send a cheque rather than pay online.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MW1974; 07-01-2018 at 10:53 AM. Reason: edit
Page 2
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 1,507 Posts
    • 1,647 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    At all points you complain as keeper

the driver plays no part in this.
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 8th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MW1974
    That's the point I'm trying to make - I don't disclose the driver information to the retail outlet either? I'm complaining as the keeper on their behalf.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 8th Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    • 452 Posts
    • 477 Thanks
    claxtome
    I don't disclose the driver information to the retail outlet either?
    That's right don't disclose who the driver was to the retail outlet.
    Complain as keeper.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 5,114 Posts
    • 3,575 Thanks
    KeithP
    That's the point I'm trying to make - I don't disclose the driver information to the retail outlet either? I'm complaining as the keeper on their behalf.
    Originally posted by MW1974
    You as the keeper are not complaining on anyone else's behalf.

The keeper complains as the keeper in his own interests - not on behalf of the driver or anyone else.

You, as the keeper, don't disclose the driver's details to anyone.
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 8th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MW1974
    So, when they ask 'Who was driving?' what should the keeper say? Does the keeper just lie or say it's none of their business? I can't imagine the latter option will endear the outlet much towards helping them.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 5,114 Posts
    • 3,575 Thanks
    KeithP
    Why on earth would they ask that?

Have you no imagination?
    Can you think of no alternative to fibbing or saying 'none of your business'?

You were the keeper, accompanying the driver on a shopping trip.

You as the keeper have received a NtK and are asking the store to cancel the ticket due to you being a valuable customer.

The driver's involvement finished on the day of the event.
    It is the keeper being chased for money. It is the keeper that needs the help of the store in cancelling the ticket.

Do not lie. Just don't offer any more information than you need to.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 1:22 AM
    • 52,824 Posts
    • 66,327 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    A retailer would NEVER ask who was driving!

All you need to do is say 'we want to complain about this unfair PCN and we require you to cancel it because ...blah blah...we as a family will vote with our feet and never return....etc.'

WE. Not 'I'.

And I expect you must complain not to a shop but to the retail park managing agents or landowner (Google the place).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MW1974
    • By MW1974 9th Jan 18, 2:38 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MW1974
    So I've spoke to the retail outlet and they were no help whatsoever. Told me I had to complain directly to the PPC. Said there's nothing they could do. Absolutely fuming.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 1,507 Posts
    • 1,647 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Good time to add to facebook, twitter etc. Warn people that going there could cost them a lot...
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    • 7,614 Posts
    • 6,699 Thanks
    The Deep
    This company is a known scammer and fraudster. Instead of paying them, make them pay to defend their claim. Were they daft enough to take this to court, you may be able to make them pay you. by counter claiming for harassment, and wasting your time. You are in the driving seat here, UKPC are a busted flush

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229165/Is-PROOF-private-parking-firms-scamming-motorists-Drivers-say-timings-photos-doctored-legally-parked-cars-issued-fines.html
    Last edited by The Deep; 09-01-2018 at 3:25 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 9th Jan 18, 3:22 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 5,572 Thanks
    Half_way
    So I've spoke to the retail outlet and they were no help whatsoever. Told me I had to complain directly to the PPC. Said there's nothing they could do. Absolutely fuming.
    What did you say? what retail park is it?

who did you speak to?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 7,614 Posts
    • 6,699 Thanks
    The Deep
    Leaving site is almost impossible for them to prove in court, especially for a fraudster such as UKPC, read this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229165/Is-PROOF-private-parking-firms-scamming-motorists-Drivers-say-timings-photos-doctored-legally-parked-cars-issued-fines.html

AFAIAA, no PPC has ever won a court claim for leaving site.

You must appeal, it costs them money.
    Last edited by The Deep; 09-01-2018 at 3:35 PM.
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 9th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MW1974
    Lakeside Village Outlet. Spoke to management. Basically said the PPC operate on match days (DRFC next door), if you haven't got a child seat in the back then likelihood is they'll ticket you. She said the driver should have got a receipt as evidence otherwise nothing they can do. They wouldn't have helped either way - just directing everything to the PPC.
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 9th Jan 18, 3:33 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MW1974
    Yeah, I've seen this link before. There doesn't appear to be any time limit though, it's purely if attendant has 'reasonable cause' to believe a driver has left the site. Shocked at the attitude of the outlet.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Jan 18, 3:39 PM
    • 7,614 Posts
    • 6,699 Thanks
    The Deep
    Write bad stuff on the Facebook/TripAdviser pages.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 9th Jan 18, 5:55 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 5,572 Thanks
    Half_way
    Lakeside Village Outlet. Spoke to management. Basically said the PPC operate on match days (DRFC next door), if you haven't got a child seat in the back then likelihood is they'll ticket you. She said the driver should have got a receipt as evidence otherwise nothing they can do. They wouldn't have helped either way - just directing everything to the PPC.
    What did you say to them to get that reaction ?

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • MW1974
    • By MW1974 10th Jan 18, 10:19 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MW1974
    What should I have said?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Jan 18, 11:05 AM
    • 1,507 Posts
    • 1,647 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    what did you say, first.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 10th Jan 18, 2:27 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 5,572 Thanks
    Half_way
    What should I have said?
    boo?

If you can post what you said, and who you spoke to, then it will help In giving an idea for a suitable response.
    You need to say,or to be more precise email/write the right things, otherwise they will fob you off with a nothing to do with us, we contract our parking management out, you need to deal with the parking company type reply.
    even if you are at that stage its not to late , but without knowing what you said assistance on this is nigh on impossible.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jan 18, 11:56 PM
    • 52,824 Posts
    • 66,327 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You need to respond and complain more: A person with a child would not necessarily have a child seat in the back, e.g. if the child seat converts into a buggy chassis or if they just put the baby seat in/on a suitable large trolley.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

526Posts Today

4,509Users online

Martin's Twitter