Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Laithar
    • By Laithar 5th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 5Thanks
    B Stock Item
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    B Stock Item 5th Jan 18 at 11:27 AM
    I ordered a B Stock item from a store that advertised photos of a small amount of damage. I was happy purchasing this item as the damage was insignificant and the reduction in price was decent. When the item arrived, it was wrapped in bubble wrap and industrial cling film, the black stuff you can't see through. On unwrapping, I noticed the item was damaged in places not shown in the photo. It looked like it had been dropped. I complained to the store and they accepted that I needed to return the item after seeing photos of the damage. The thing is, they want me to put it in a box. When I explained it didn't come in a box, I was told I was responsible for it's return and any further damage is my responsibility. This is a huge item, that needs a huge box, the likes of which I haven't a clue where to get one from. Can they insist I send it back a box? Obviously I can't get my refund until they receive the item back.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    Thank you
Page 1
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 5th Jan 18, 11:30 AM
    • 673 Posts
    • 480 Thanks
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:30 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:30 AM
    You don't need to put it in a box but they are correct that whilst it is in your care you need to take good care of it. Have you documented the dents and scrapes that you found on delivery?
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 5th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 12,047 Posts
    • 9,337 Thanks
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    Who did you buy it from/what were the T&C's?

Unless the T&C's you agreed to stated that you would have to return faulty/rejected goods then your only obligations are to take reasonable care of the goods and make them available for collection.

Even if you did agree to return them at the time of entering the contract, the retailer is liable for the cost of returning them.
    Money doesn't solve creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,991Posts Today

7,521Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @BradsMrs: Thanks @MartinSLewis for your oh so helpful advice on your website about re-claimjng PPI. Just received a cheque for £1700 ????#?

• RT @XenaBombina: @MartinSLewis Thank you so much for the SWI advice on This Morning today. I have been in a state of near-debilitating anxi?

• Wow miracles do happen. I've done a political twitter poll today and (so far) no one has attacked me after confusi?

• Follow Martin