Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Laithar
    • By Laithar 5th Jan 18, 11:13 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Laithar
    Pre Black Friday purchase
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:13 AM
    Pre Black Friday purchase 5th Jan 18 at 11:13 AM
    Just about everyone knows how reknowned the Black Friday deals are nowadays, don't they? Bought an item pre Black Friday from a shop that advertised the item with a special pre Black Friday promise - 'If this item is in the Black Friday sales at a reduced price, the difference will be refunded'. Of course, it made me think that there would be some sort of deal on Black Friday, I mean you could make this sort of promise all year round if there wasn't going to be a deal, right? I was disappointed when Black Friday came and went and there wasn't a deal. Even more disappointed when after the Black Friday event finished, the item came down in price and has been at the new lower price ever since. I feel like I was enticed into buying from this shop with the advertised promise. Unfortunately, when the item came, it didn't work as expected. I contacted the manufacturer who stated the fault was known and they are expecting a firmware update to fix it. They could not give me a timeframe as to when the firmware update will be available. I have contacted the store twice by email and have had no reply from them. Not sure what to do now as the return policy was thirty days from purchase.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 5th Jan 18, 11:21 AM
    • 5,027 Posts
    • 10,199 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:21 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:21 AM
    'If this item is in the Black Friday sales at a reduced price, the difference will be refunded'. Of course, it made me think that there would be some sort of deal on Black Friday, I mean you could make this sort of promise all year round if there wasn't going to be a deal, right?
    This makes absolutely no sense. In fact, I'd be more inclined to think they wouldn't put an offer on as they'd have to refund a load of people!
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Jan 18, 11:31 AM
    • 19,129 Posts
    • 10,300 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:31 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:31 AM
    I feel like I was enticed into buying from this shop with the advertised promise.
    Originally posted by Laithar
    The promise was that they'd honour a possible future Black Friday deal if you purchased then. There was no Black Friday reduction, so they haven't reneged on their promise or been deceitful or underhand in any way.

Unfortunately, when the item came, it didn't work as expected. I contacted the manufacturer who stated the fault was known and they are expecting a firmware update to fix it. They could not give me a timeframe as to when the firmware update will be available. I have contacted the store twice by email and have had no reply from them. Not sure what to do now as the return policy was thirty days from purchase.
    Originally posted by Laithar
    You may not be able to return it as a change-of-mind, but if it is faulty then the 30 day Return Policy is overridden by Consumer Law. However, not working "as expected" does not sound like an actual fault?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,684Posts Today

9,236Users online

Martin's Twitter