Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kokolot
    • By Kokolot 5th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kokolot
    Help: Samsung S4 stuck on the logo screen and doesn't start-up normally anymore
    • 5th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    Help: Samsung S4 stuck on the logo screen and doesn't start-up normally anymore 5th Jan 18 at 11:10 AM
    Hello all,

My Samsung S4 is no longer working properly.

It is stuck on Samsung S4 logo screen when booting up or doesn't even do that properly sometimes.

This has been happening for the last two days and has meant my phone is useless as I can't use it because it never gets to a normal use page.

I have done the following by reading on the Internet:

1) Deleted the Cache partition
    2) Deleted the data from the same recovery page as above
    3) Made sure my phone is properly charged

Not sure what else to do.
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 5th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 3,781 Posts
    • 3,831 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    Remove the battery and press the On button for a time. Then refit the battery and try again? (No idea if this will help, but it's something that's done on PCs to try to help get around boot failures).

Do a factory reset from the recovery menu? (Where you did the cache partition). I'm not sure if that's what you meant by item 2).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 5th Jan 18, 12:41 PM
    • 10,063 Posts
    • 4,165 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:41 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:41 PM
    Deleting data may have made it worse .
    As said factory reset from recovery .
    Restore your backup or update firmware via Samsung Kies .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,532Posts Today

9,025Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bigmickwelsh63: @MartinSLewis Already done it.... donated my kidney to my brother almost 30yrs ago. Not sure if I would have done it fo?

• Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• Follow Martin