Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Prec
    • By Prec 5th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Prec
    Asda pensions
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    Asda pensions 5th Jan 18 at 9:12 AM
    Asda are proposing pension cuts. Colleagues currently paying 3% will see asda reducing their current matched stake to 2%. If colleagues increase their % to 5% then asda will kindly agree to give them the current 3%they already pay now.

If this was the royal mail there would be strikes all over and their union fighting it. I've not ever seen anything in the press regarding these cuts. As retail rights seem to be overlooked by everyone I see asda pushing this through without a blink.

As a mortgage owner with 19 years remaining, would I be better to increase my mortgage payments rather than increasing my pension. I'm 40.
    Any advice?
Page 2
    • sparkymark
    • By sparkymark 7th Jan 18, 11:19 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    sparkymark
    Another valuable benefit is also being cut - death in service benefit is currently 4 x annual salary, being cut to 1 x salary. A kick in the teeth for grieving families. GMB union has made no mention of this - Tim Roache gen. sec. should be offering ASDA members a refund of union subs !
    Last edited by sparkymark; 07-01-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    • Muscle750
    • By Muscle750 7th Jan 18, 11:52 AM
    • 931 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    Muscle750
    That is shocking and way out of order they should be ashamed and hung out to dry
    • Prec
    • By Prec 7th Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Prec
    Another valuable benefit is also being cut - death in service benefit is currently 4 x annual salary, being cut to 1 x salary. A kick in the teeth for grieving families. GMB union has made no mention of this - Tim Roache gen. sec. should be offering ASDA members a refund of union subs !
    Originally posted by sparkymark
    I just can't believe the unions are doing nothing. Not to mention the press not focusing on it
    • MPD
    • By MPD 7th Jan 18, 12:32 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    MPD
    Recent changes to the law have neutered the unions. Welcome to the world of flexible labour.

Seriously, if no one else is trying to protect your terms then it falls to you.
    After years of disappointment with get-rich-quick schemes, I know I'm gonna get rich with this scheme...and quick! - Homer Simpson
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

470Posts Today

5,300Users online

Martin's Twitter