Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 4th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    • 2,824Posts
    • 455Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Report bogus email to PayPal?
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    Report bogus email to PayPal? 4th Jan 18 at 11:08 PM
    Not sure if i've one of them phishing emails from 'paypal'. Is there a PayPal address you can forward these things to for them to inspect?

Says there isn't a valid direct debit instruction between paypal and my bank ending in ####. I've checked my PayPal account and the card on there has been confirmed and there is a direct debit instruction set up. The account listed is an old account that i removed over a month ago.

One of those click this link emails.

Page 1
    • pramsay13
    • By pramsay13 4th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    pramsay13
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/report-problem
    • Dox
    • By Dox 5th Jan 18, 1:01 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Dox
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:01 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:01 AM
    Forward to spoof@paypal.com
    • soolin
    • By soolin 5th Jan 18, 8:20 AM
    • 59,738 Posts
    • 42,408 Thanks
    soolin
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:20 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 8:20 AM
    I tend not to bother reporting as the originating addresses change almost instantly so there is no point. If I take my junk mail filter off I get several a day even to email accounts that have never been associated with either ebay or paypal.

None of them should even give a moments hesitation to anyone who uses the internet regularly.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 26,408 Posts
    • 10,555 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    Same here click spam in thunderbird and then delete it.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

319Posts Today

3,908Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin