Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MatthewAinsworth
    • By MatthewAinsworth 4th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    • 3,013Posts
    • 1,199Thanks
    MatthewAinsworth
    Finance options for 13 year old banger
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    Finance options for 13 year old banger 4th Jan 18 at 10:40 PM
    Hi everyone

I own outright a 13 year old hatchback, middle of the 1.0l range
    Do you know what my finance options are or where I could go for a secured loan on it? I'd like to make a pension topup. I expect that because it depreciates slower than a new car it must be better security for what I do borrow

Thank you in advance
Page 5
    • qwert yuiop
    • By qwert yuiop 10th Jan 18, 11:55 AM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 1,274 Thanks
    qwert yuiop
    You're right staffs that its too little, but I'd be scared of bigger leverages, I respect the danger - and it seriously sways me away from buy to let since you can simply wait out an equities crash in a way you can't wait out a property one

To me playing with small amounts is more for fun than serious work. This is all hypothetical and unlikely to happen
    Originally posted by MatthewAinsworth
    You don’t know that. There’s little to say share prices cannot remain depressed for years. Corbyn in number 10? Indeed the attitude of the chancellor to share ownership and taxation may not always be as favourable as now.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
    • MatthewAinsworth
    • By MatthewAinsworth 10th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    • 3,013 Posts
    • 1,199 Thanks
    MatthewAinsworth
    I meant the borrowing against the car is the thing that is unlikely, not a depression
    • Warwick Hunt
    • By Warwick Hunt 10th Jan 18, 9:15 PM
    • 884 Posts
    • 426 Thanks
    Warwick Hunt
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5773200
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

490Posts Today

5,425Users online

Martin's Twitter