Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sotondragon
    • By Sotondragon 4th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Sotondragon
    ANPR Final Reminder Notice
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    ANPR Final Reminder Notice 4th Jan 18 at 10:12 PM
    Hello lovely people,

Had a good read on here this evening but still unsure of the first action.

Received a ANPR Final Reminder Notice letter today from NCP , worryingly this is the first letter that has been received. For info the car is a private lease

It seems ridiculous but the driver genuinely didn't realise they had entered the car park. A child had been sick in the back of the car, the driver pulled over into a turning circle, jumped out and stripped him off while the partner ran into Next to get him a change of clothes. Been on Google maps since and it's obvious that the turning circle is within a parking area but they had other things on their mind at the time.

Without admitting they were driving, surely they would show some compassion if they told them what happened? They spent £30 in Next. One of the very people they probably have the contract with.

Or does the driver play hard ball?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Sotondragon; 05-01-2018 at 9:18 AM.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 8,060 Posts
    • 8,449 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    NCP normally own there own car parks , not very often they act as car park attendants for local shops
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Jan 18, 10:22 PM
    • 34,108 Posts
    • 18,059 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:22 PM
    Mitigation doesn't work with these people

You need to read up on the game you are caught up in - go to the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving
    Last edited by Quentin; 04-01-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    • Sotondragon
    • By Sotondragon 4th Jan 18, 10:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sotondragon
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Oh right. So I just go back to the Newbie section and follow the instructions then?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    • 17,164 Posts
    • 21,447 Thanks
    Redx
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    just use the termplate appeal listed in the NEWBIES sticky thread like everyone else

the PPC wont give a monkeys as to why the driver did what they did on private property

NEXT probably rent their store and its unlikely that NEXT own the car park, more likely to be either NCP or a landowner who has an MA dealing with site rentals and day to day issues
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Sotondragon
    • By Sotondragon 4th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sotondragon
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    Cheers guys. I'll do that. Thanks for the help!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jan 18, 10:26 PM
    • 5,134 Posts
    • 3,599 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:26 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:26 PM
    Oh right. So I just go back to the Newbie section and follow the instructions then?
    Originally posted by Sotondragon
    ...not forgetting to edit your opening post along the lines suggested by Quentin.
    • Sotondragon
    • By Sotondragon 5th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sotondragon
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    This is what I have sent back today. See what happens

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. XXXXXXXXX

I’m writing in reply to your ‘ANPR Final Reminder Notice’. For your information this is the first letter that has been received so I will treat this ‘Final Reminder Notice’ as ‘Notice to Keeper’.

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you have obtained the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
    Last edited by Sotondragon; 05-01-2018 at 6:54 PM.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    • 40,718 Posts
    • 81,304 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    Remove the PCN number from your post!
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,297Posts Today

8,424Users online

Martin's Twitter