Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tonyrans
    • By tonyrans 4th Jan 18, 9:47 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tonyrans
    vapeybox.com subscription
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:47 PM
    vapeybox.com subscription 4th Jan 18 at 9:47 PM
    hi im having a bit of a argument at mo with vapeybox.com.
    im not sure where i stand legally if this goes any further.

i made a subscription to vapeybox and got a free gift. tho i didnt see when joining that i can only cancel the sub after the 2nd subscription. well the juice from there is terrible so i emailed them and said i wanted to cancel the subscription and i no longer give them authorisation to collecting any more money. which is when they replied that i agreed to it once i signed up and sent a screen snap of the so called wording that is under the free gift selection if you get what i mean.

i phoned my bank and told them not to let them take any money. im not sure where i stand because the website has no terms or conditions and the only evidence that they say i agreed to 2 subscriptions is a screenshot that shows the wording when clicking through and ordering the free gift.
Page 1
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    • 11,746 Posts
    • 8,944 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    Am I just going blind or do they indeed have no terms & conditions? I even went through the order process up until they ask for payment and no T&C's were given at all.

But tbh their youtube video would have stopped me from ordering. Thats not someone who takes the business seriously. Thats someone whos treating the business as his personal play pen/cash cow.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • tonyrans
    • By tonyrans 4th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonyrans
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:01 PM
    i didnt realise. so im not sure where i stand. do they have any legal right to pass it onto a debt collector if i keep refusing to pay?

i didnt see there youtube video till just now and i agree if i had watched that video first i prob would of avoided them
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 4th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    • 11,746 Posts
    • 8,944 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    i didnt realise. so im not sure where i stand. do they have any legal right to pass it onto a debt collector if i keep refusing to pay?

i didnt see there youtube video till just now and i agree if i had watched that video first i prob would of avoided them
    Originally posted by tonyrans
    You don't need to have a legal right to send a debt collector after someone - even I could send one after you (if I knew your personal details at least ) alleging you owe me money. Likewise you could send one after the company alleging they owe you money. However, unless you took out a credit agreement, it cannot affect your credit history without them taking you to court, winning AND you fail to pay the judgement within the time limit allocated by the court (usually a month).

There is certain information they should have provided to you by law before you are bound by the contact.

Have a search for the consumer contract (information, cancellation & additional charges) regulations. If they didnt provide you with T&C's then you may still be able to cancel (although you may need to return the "free" gift - it will likely be at their expense though).

Jamie might just learn that running a business comes with legal obligations and responsibilities and isn't all renting cars and posing for videos
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,895Posts Today

8,894Users online

Martin's Twitter