Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• ChelleUK
    • By ChelleUK 4th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    On maternity, not wanting to return to work - Looking for income ideas!
    • 4th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    On maternity, not wanting to return to work - Looking for income ideas! 4th Jan 18 at 8:50 PM
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, however my husband is a member and has told me about the great help and support he get's from people here.
    I am in need some help in brainstorming ideas which can help boost our house-hold income.
    Hubby works 12-hours a day, and I am a stay at home mum with our 7-month old little boy.

I have been a recruitment consultant for the last 10 years. Sadly, I don't love that kind-of work anymore, so maternity came at the right time. Neither do I wish to setup my own recruitment business as cold-calling is not my thing.

I don't have much free time, but what I do have I would like to put towards making an additional income for the family, but I do not want for me to return back to work, where we put our child into childcare, whereas the financial gain is not worth the hassle after expenses for childcare and any travel are taken into consideration, an online or at home income would be much more beneficial!

I need to earn around £800 per month to cover my maternity pay and savings which end in March.

Any suggestion big or small would be welcomed as I am really stuck for ideas, and want to start something now.

Thank you, Chelle x
Page 2
    • liamhatchell
    • By liamhatchell 15th Jan 18, 3:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    For those saying Kleeneze etc are scams and that you can't earn money, that's not really true. Me and my other half were members a while ago and while we did earn a little bit of money, it's far more difficult to earn big amounts than they make out when you join. So while it's not technically a scam, they're not very clear about it. But I've also learnt that it's hard to build with a product based business anyway. We got shut of Kleeneze a long time ago after we learnt that it wasn't reaping any rewards but it hasn't really tarnished my personal view on network marketing as a business idea. The one I'm in now is all part time and very good money if you give it a chance.

There are opportunities that aren't product based, no stock to buy etc. So I wouldn't personally rule them all out if you wanted the extra income.
    • leighm88
    • By leighm88 17th Jan 18, 10:02 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hi there,

What is Appen?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Jan 18, 3:51 PM
    • 60,010 Posts
    • 42,607 Thanks
    Hi there,

What is Appen?
    Originally posted by leighm88
    The thread is a bit out of date but it's here
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of
    New to Forum? Guide
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 23rd Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 964 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    Scredofdebt can I ask which company you use to do the mystery shopping please?
    Originally posted by jadexx10
    Sorry, just seen this.

I would recommend ESA, TNS and GFK as the best ones, there's a thread on here with links for you to sign up.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £842
    • PurpleStripedSocks
    • By PurpleStripedSocks 20th Feb 18, 1:53 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    I earn £300 per month working for leapforce who have recently merged with Appen as mentioned above. With more time investment I could earn more by taking on extra projects. I need to work from home for similar reasons to you, so definitely look into this! It fits around family life so well. I don't think you could rely on this income long term though as they can terminate your contract without warning.

I also "add value" to my husband's earnings by spending the money that he earns wisely... cooking from scratch, only attending free toddler groups, no buying unnecessary food or drink whilst out, not using the car unnecessarily, making sure we have the best deals for broadband car insurance etc... Even switched our dogs food to a better quality food for half the price by researching! Any cost you can think of, find out ways to cut it. It's so worth the time and effort investment and soon becomes second nature.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

765Posts Today

7,093Users online

Martin's Twitter