Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kah22
    • By kah22 4th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 1,317Posts
    • 476Thanks
    kah22
    What could be wrong with my speed?
    • 4th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    What could be wrong with my speed? 4th Jan 18 at 8:01 PM
    I use an iPad mini and an iPhone to connect to the internet. I also have Netflix. My ISP is BT and I have a standard package

There seems to be no problem with Netflix it will take a minute or so to connect, but no more than that. Once I select a film to watch there is no problem. Follow up TV is just as good

My problem lies with the iPad and the iPhone, Pages take forever to load. It is almost as though the screen has frozen at times. If I might give an example When entering this sites Forum index from the search bar it took approximately 4 seconds to open, again selecting a Forum at random it took about 4 seconds. Other information type sites eg Forums, Newspapers and such like will often take much longer to load

While Iím not tech minded there seems three possibilities
    BT is slowing me down because of the bandwidth I use watching Netflix
    My iPad and iPhone need a good cleaning out, but how?
    Something is wrong with my BT Hub

Any firm suggestions as to what the matter maybe and how to fix it before I contact BT. As always many thanks

Kevin
    Illegitimi non carborundum
Page 1
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 4th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 8,335 Posts
    • 6,286 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 4th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    Try here https://www.imore.com/how-to-restart-reset-iphone-ipad
    Just restart it hold power and home try that first
    • kah22
    • By kah22 5th Jan 18, 1:34 AM
    • 1,317 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    kah22
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:34 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:34 AM
    Thanks for the link, just to be sure will the reboot and reset cause me to loose information on the iPad/iPhone e.g. copies of letters, mail addresses, apps I’ve downloaded. That sort of thing

Kevin
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    • john22
    • By john22 5th Jan 18, 2:09 AM
    • 297 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    john22
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:09 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:09 AM
    Thanks for the link, just to be sure will the reboot and reset cause me to loose information on the iPad/iPhone e.g. copies of letters, mail addresses, apps Iíve downloaded. That sort of thing

Kevin
    Originally posted by kah22
    No it wonít
    • john22
    • By john22 5th Jan 18, 2:16 AM
    • 297 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    john22
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:16 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:16 AM
    I use an iPad mini and an iPhone to connect to the internet. I also have Netflix. My ISP is BT and I have a standard package

There seems to be no problem with Netflix it will take a minute or so to connect, but no more than that. Once I select a film to watch there is no problem. Follow up TV is just as good

My problem lies with the iPad and the iPhone, Pages take forever to load. It is almost as though the screen has frozen at times. If I might give an example When entering this sites Forum index from the search bar it took approximately 4 seconds to open, again selecting a Forum at random it took about 4 seconds. Other information type sites eg Forums, Newspapers and such like will often take much longer to load

While Iím not tech minded there seems three possibilities
    BT is slowing me down because of the bandwidth I use watching Netflix
    My iPad and iPhone need a good cleaning out, but how?
    Something is wrong with my BT Hub

Any firm suggestions as to what the matter maybe and how to fix it before I contact BT. As always many thanks

Kevin
    Originally posted by kah22
    Out of interest go into the App Store and download an app called ďspeed test by OoklaĒ.

Run it and see what your download speeds are over WiFi.

For ref Iím getting what I would expect from my provider virgin which is 67mb down and ping of 19ms on my iPhone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

8,948Users online

Martin's Twitter