Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Charlton King
    • By Charlton King 4th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 1,533Posts
    • 1,031Thanks
    Charlton King
    0 WOW
    Passport renewal lead time - any suggestions..?
    • 4th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Passport renewal lead time - any suggestions..? 4th Jan 18 at 7:38 PM
    My passport is coming up for renewal in August this year. Does anyone have recent experience of the process and possibly recommend a reasonable point ahead of that time to start the application?
Page 2
    • Toucan_toucan
    • By Toucan_toucan 5th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Toucan_toucan
    The online service - if you can get the photo part to work - is excellent. We renewed last year, got texts at every point telling us what was going on, and they were back within a few days.
    • AlexMac
    • By AlexMac 5th Jan 18, 5:37 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 1,740 Thanks
    AlexMac
    I pr4tted about for 3 hours last month and couldn't get the online service to accept any of dozens of DIY photos. Drove 'er indoors mad, as she was co-opted as snapper. !="Too dark, too light, shadows" or "your eyes look eyes closed" (they weren't!)

So I gave up, used the £6 my photo-booth in Sainsbury's , spent £9 on the PO "Check n send" and got it back in 4 days with lots of reassuring interimtexts to say "en-route"; with the spare 4 monts validity added on as it didn't expire til April!

Simples
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,390Posts Today

8,657Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Of course but this question is about the specific "ladies first" rule. Ie a man giving a seat because it's a lady n? https://t.co/FBmEfwnHNM

• Today's twitter poll: Traditional manners have/had the concept of "ladies first". Is that compatible with gender eq? https://t.co/Qk4bC3pHjk

• RT @helwid87: @MartinSLewis Thankyou for your student loan refund advice. My £617 refund came through yesterday, making January less of a t?

• Follow Martin