Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lucatoni9
    • By Lucatoni9 4th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lucatoni9
    ZZPS pcn/ridicelous parking ticket!!! Please help!!
    • 4th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    ZZPS pcn/ridicelous parking ticket!!! Please help!! 4th Jan 18 at 3:38 PM
    I have received a parking charge notice on the windscreen of my car on a shisha lounge (in Leicester) parking lot. As I got it I went to manager of the shisha inside and he told me to completely ignore it. It happened on 17th Oct 2017. After that they sent me 2 letters I totally ignored the first so I thought they would stop chasing me, however I received another one today and they want me to pay 160 now. Everyone always parks there to go to the shisha lounge, for some reason that one day they decided to write me and a few other who were parking there a ticket. I mean isnít that just weird??? Like 4 years of parking there and they come just that one time??
    Any opinions? I would totally appreciate it
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 4th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 32,186 Posts
    • 37,906 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 4th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    Have you read the newbies thread ?
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 4th Jan 18, 3:55 PM
    • 2,637 Posts
    • 3,939 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 4th Jan 18, 3:55 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 3:55 PM
    Who actually owns the parking lot car park?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Jan 18, 3:57 PM
    • 6,725 Posts
    • 8,698 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 4th Jan 18, 3:57 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 3:57 PM
    I have received a parking charge notice on the windscreen of my car on a shisha lounge (in Leicester) parking lot. As I got it I went to manager of the shisha inside and he told me to completely ignore it. It happened on 17th Oct 2017. After that they sent me 2 letters I totally ignored the first so I thought they would stop chasing me, however I received another one today and they want me to pay 160 now. Everyone always parks there to go to the shisha lounge, for some reason that one day they decided to write me and a few other who were parking there a ticket. I mean isnít that just weird??? Like 4 years of parking there and they come just that one time??
    Any opinions? I would totally appreciate it
    Originally posted by Lucatoni9
    ZZPS are just down and outs silly debt collectors
    who do not issue parking tickets
    WHO IS THE PPC ?

IGNORE ZZPS AND NEVER CONTACT THEM
    YOU DO NOT OWE £160 .... FAKE NEWS
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Mack_1014
    • By Mack_1014 4th Jan 18, 5:17 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mack_1014
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:17 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:17 PM
    Yes I have (itís the same person (lucatoni9) just a different username). I have read it but I donít quite get it and how to fight the fine exactly, I know itís !!!!!!!! but I know Aswell the system always wins, so I my case whatís the best thing to do?
    • Mack_1014
    • By Mack_1014 4th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mack_1014
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    Who actually owns the parking lot car park?
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    Itís someone that the manager knows, but the manager told me that they both told this company to stop giving tickets to people in the car park. the manager himself has 9 outstanding tickets from the same company. There is also a paying machine near the shisha lounge but i have never seen it working.
    • Mack_1014
    • By Mack_1014 4th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mack_1014
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    ZZPS are just down and outs silly debt collectors
    who do not issue parking tickets
    WHO IS THE PPC ?

IGNORE ZZPS AND NEVER CONTACT THEM
    YOU DO NOT OWE £160 .... FAKE NEWS
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    You think I should just ignore it, and if they take it any further, I should just argue with the case that I might not have even been the driver and I donít know who it is, and ist normal that itís been 3 months and they still havenít taken it any further like to court or something?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jan 18, 5:26 PM
    • 5,123 Posts
    • 3,590 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:26 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:26 PM
    Post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread gives comprehensive guidance on how to deal with debt collector's letters.
    • Mack_1014
    • By Mack_1014 4th Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mack_1014
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    Post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread gives comprehensive guidance on how to deal with debt collector's letters.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    I have just read it, so you think I should completely ignore it? Like what are the chances that they might take this to court? I have called them earlier on today and told me you canít appeal, and I told am not paying do what you want. And is there anything I could do? Like should I email them even thought am not really supposed to ďappealĒ?
    Thank you very much!!!!!
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 8,043 Posts
    • 8,429 Thanks
    pappa golf
    who is the PARKING company involved here ,,,,,
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 5,123 Posts
    • 3,590 Thanks
    KeithP
    I have just read it, so you think I should completely ignore it? Like what are the chances that they might take this to court? I have called them earlier on today and told me you can’t appeal, and I told am not paying do what you want. And is there anything I could do? Like should I email them even thought am not really supposed to “appeal”?
    Thank you very much!!!!!
    Originally posted by Mack_1014
    Surely you read that the debt collector can do absolutely nothing except demand money from you?

The debt collector cannot take you to court. They have no just cause.

All the debt collector can do is hound you for money.
    Then at some time in the future they will give up and confess to the PPC that their endeavours were unsuccessful.

You will have also read to never call a debt collector.
    This is simply to avoid the risk of you giving away information that may help the PPC. For example during conversion it may be easy to let slip clues to the driver's identity.

The guidance remains:
    Ignore Debt Collectors

Do not phone debt collectors.

Last edited by KeithP; 04-01-2018 at 6:53 PM.
    • Mack_1014
    • By Mack_1014 4th Jan 18, 7:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mack_1014
    who is the PARKING company involved here ,,,,,
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Theyíre called comprehensive management services LTD
    • Mack_1014
    • By Mack_1014 4th Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mack_1014
    Surely you read that the debt collector can do absolutely nothing except demand money from you?

The debt collector cannot take you to court. They have no just cause.

All the debt collector can do is hound you for money.
    Then at some time in the future they will give up and confess to the PPC that their endeavours were unsuccessful.

You will have also read to never call a debt collector.
    This is simply to avoid the risk of you giving away information that may help the PPC. For example during conversion it may be easy to let slip clues to the driver's identity.

The guidance remains:
    Ignore Debt Collectors

Do not phone debt collectors.

Originally posted by KeithP
    Thank you man, i appreciate it!!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    • 5,123 Posts
    • 3,590 Thanks
    KeithP
    Theyíre called comprehensive management services LTD
    Originally posted by Mack_1014
    See what you are up against...

Note that in the three years 2015, 2016 and 2017 they have been to court just five times.
    That's less than 0.1% chance of court.

Sorry, no idea whether they won or lost those cases.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    • 17,159 Posts
    • 21,438 Thanks
    Redx
    this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5749205 was also about debt collector letetrs

despite us telling people thousands of times to IGNORE the debt collectors, it does not stop the tsunami of posts where the same topic is discussed ad nauseum

it also doesnt seem to get through that to find a successful strategy that actually works it would take over 6 years to know this was true because the statute for court cases is 6 years (the alleged debt never goes away , only the threat of court)

the debt collector stage is an IMPASSE stage , where neither side gives an inch and argue incessantly , like being on the somme for several years and neither side making any headway until the big guns show up

the debt collector time is a sideshow, all smoke and mirrors and designed to harass somebody into paying up

the golden rule is to only pay up , in full , if a judge says you owe the money , in civil court - until then it is an allged debt that is in dispute , with one side saying the money is owed and the other side saying no it isnt owed

so IGNORE this stage and come back if you get an actual LBC in the post , or an MCOL from Northampton CCBC in the post

until then its not even worth typing about , debt collectors have no powers, cannot come to your door and as there is no court judgment it cannot be enforced - its that simple
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,819Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin