Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stacey81
    • By Stacey81 4th Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    • 77Posts
    • 183Thanks
    Stacey81
    Naughty Parking peoples
    • 4th Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    Naughty Parking peoples 4th Jan 18 at 1:57 PM
    Hello nice peoples

me started new thread not did write on me old one cause this difwant ticket.

me think me know what me needs to do but me just come check first hope that be OK.
    I gets ticket from Parking Eye say was park in :- The Beehive Centre (Cambridge retail park) for to long. On 27th December 2017.
    Ticket say arrive time :- 11:54:45 Departure Time:- 16:14:53

So here me case.
    As peoples nos me husband helps me he me carer and look after me. me no can drive cause me disabilitys. me van is mobility van.
    YES van was in that care park, buts here sticky bits. Not for all that's time.
    Me husband went get me Obus Oil late morning and then come home then he gos work fix computers for couple hours. on he way home he pop back to same car park as late morning as it by the asda store to get me some things as me is no very well at moments(vapour rub) . He drive to work when me no well so can get home quik and he walk when me well.

We do hab reciet for he second vist. say he go Asda. no have for first visit as he not could get what me needed so not get anything. Hubby going get letter from work say he was at work from 1:30 tos 3:45pm and he think he can get they car park peoples to give info proof he was park in they care park.

me did think just tell them me hubby was at work cause it be truth but hubby say he think they coud say he park in rong car park as it across road. he no did. he had gone Asda, come home, gone work then go back asda before come hiomen gain. He can park free for all day in other car park as he work in store me number plate is regestered. it like Tesco register me number plate so me no get ticket there cause me slow at do me shopping.

Hubby is confussied by pictures they give us as second one no look like bak me van.

where me is confuss is on letter it say me hav tell them who driver was or if i no do i have pay charge (not fine, me remeber that hehe)

but me remeber to that you say never ever tell them who driver was. how me exsplain van no was there who time with out tell them who driver was. i no was in van either trips. me is to sick to go out at moments.

me wants to deal with this soon as i not wells and think maybe will have gos for holiday tos the hospital soon. (no worrys it me second home)

guess me asking, do me just tell them it was 2 trips to same car oark to go Asda in same day. or me give them all info to prove it, tell them me hubby was working and give them evidance of him working during time period theys say. but then me would be giving driver details.

Here letter me get
    Click to see:- Front Page

Click to see:- Back Page

Here reciet for second trip to Asda on Hubby way home from work.
    Click to see:- Shopping Recite

I now me is pain to help but me really do apricate you alls help. lots and lots.

think me need to tell them me was no driver and me van is mobility van no can drive. and tell them van went on 2 trips. not tell them who drive so not need tell them van was else where inbetweens. is this right thing?

Thank you for all helps
    yous friend
    Stacey
    Last edited by Stacey81; 04-01-2018 at 6:25 PM. Reason: fix picture Links
    I glad I find this forum
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 12:03 AM
    • 52,830 Posts
    • 66,348 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    guess me asking, do me just tell them it was 2 trips to same car oark to go Asda in same day. or me give them all info to prove it, tell them me hubby was working and give them evidance of him working during time period theys say. but then me would be giving driver details.
    Hi again Stacey!

Yes, I would do the above, show evidence that it was two visits. In your case naming John as the driver isn't a problem, IMHO.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• wizardn3
    • By wizardn3 12th Jan 18, 10:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    wizardn3
    Hello Everyone,

This is John here. Stacey's husband. The one who was driving the van the day the PE is accusing me of staying the the Asda car park for over 4 hours.

I had driven to see if Asda had any olbas oil as Stacey had been ill and needed some. As they had none I left the car park not more then 10 mins later. I do not remember what the traffic was that first trip but obviously the ANPR camera failed to see me leaving.

I had gone home and stayed home until I went to work. When I left for work Stacey had asked me to pick up some vapour rub on my way home from work. Their cameras obviously failed to see me enter on this second trip over 3 hours later. Made the purchase at Asda and left. This is when their camera saw me leaving.

As Stacey has shown I have a letter from my manager at work stating that I was at work during the so called 4 hours our van was parked in the Asda car park. I attempted to contact Total Parking which is the company that runs the ANPR cameras where I work. They could not find anything for our plate on that day, said if I could provide a PCN they possibly find it (which is not possible as we did not receive the PCN from them). I am guessing they do not retain records for entry and exit very long unless they issue a PCN against it.

I might be able to get in direct contact with the security that operates in both car parks. There is a security officer that knows that I work in the location that I work. I have been trying to contact him but have not been able to get in touch with him as of yet.

Stacey has sent in PE appeal form naming me as the driver. She has sent the proof that me as the driver was working else where during the time they issued the PCN against.

What are the next steps? Do we need to wait until we here from the PE appeal to see what they are going to do? Or should I start getting things together (since I have a feeling PE is going to ignore the appeal) to be ready for a POPLA appeal?

John
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 16,324 Posts
    • 25,406 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Have you made an appointment to see the Asda manager, because he can cancel these tickets from his desktop computer (the manager at my local Asda told me this)? Take Stacey with you, and ask him why on earth would the two of you and your adapted vehicle have any need to stay on the Asda car park for 4 hours.

Tell him that should this not be cancelled, you will be pursuing Asda, alongside PE, under the Equality Act 2010 and you will be enlisting the support of your MP. In addition, should satisfaction not be reached by the end of the meeting you will be immediately contacting both local and national press as you are so incensed by your treatment at the hands of Asda’s agents.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 12-01-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 12th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 641 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    Hello John

If Stacey gave ParkingEye your name and address as the driver, they must not contact her again.

Their next course of action should be to re-issue the Parking Charge Notice to you as a "Notice to Driver" or alternatively (if they had an ounce of decency) to cancel the charge.

Asda or the Beehive Centre (whichever employed ParkingEye) should really be taking steps to instruct ParkingEye to cancel.
    Last edited by Edna Basher; 12-01-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 52,830 Posts
    • 66,348 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes and if they don't cancel, and send you a PCN in your name, you then appeal showing your proof again that you were at work in between.

But definitely complain to Asda, and ring up their Head Office and complain LOUDLY and LONG!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• wizardn3
    • By wizardn3 12th Jan 18, 10:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    wizardn3
    I need to clarify something im calling it Asda car park when its not just Asda. Asda does not own the car park they are just the biggest store ( and the one I goto the most) in the retail park which is why I called it Asda car park.

Asda is just one store of many stores in two retail parks that are across the road from each other. The van was parked in the retail park across the road when PE is trying to say it was in the other retail car park.

Once Stacey is strong enough to leave our flat we will go down to Asda and talk with the manager to see what they can do and hopefully cancel the PCN
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 52,830 Posts
    • 66,348 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would still complain to Asda Head Office as they do contract with PE and have a phone number or email address to cancel any PCNs, it's in the User Manual all Asda stores have from PE.

The van was parked in the retail park across the road when PE is trying to say it was in the other retail car park.
    Wow!

• Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 18, 10:57 PM
    • 17,158 Posts
    • 21,427 Thanks
    Redx
    AGREED

I used their main website and complained using their complaints procedure , online , eventually I was informed that my vehicle VRM was placed on their "whitelist" and that my vehicle would never receive a parking ticket on any of their UK sites

I to have a disability and also a blue badge

if you dont ask, you dont get , so go to the top because my local store was useless and blamed it all on head office

HEAD OFFICE are the ones who sorted it out for me and told PE to back off
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pustit
    • By pustit 12th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    pustit
    Hello John

If Stacey gave ParkingEye your name and address as the driver, they must not contact her again.

Their next course of action should be to re-issue the Parking Charge Notice to you as a "Notice to Driver" or alternatively (if they had an ounce of decency) to cancel the charge.

Asda or the Beehive Centre (whichever employed ParkingEye) should really be taking steps to instruct ParkingEye to cancel.
    Originally posted by Edna Basher
    See http://www.beehivecentre.co.uk/information/
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 12th Jan 18, 11:46 PM
    • 641 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    From the Beehive Centre's website:

Any vehicle on site over the 3 hour maximum time limit will be liable to a parking fine as displayed on signage on the site.
    Parking fines? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Edna Basher; 12-01-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 18, 11:58 PM
    • 52,830 Posts
    • 66,348 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    An not lawful for disabled motorists anyway. A 'reasonable adjustment' of arbitrary time limits is required.

3 hours for able bodied people (and the service provider must anticipate this) may well not be sufficient for disabled motorists.

• claxtome
    • By claxtome 13th Jan 18, 4:39 AM
    • 458 Posts
    • 486 Thanks
    claxtome
    I am sorry to hear about your double dip case.

I can see you are getting good advice and can't really add to it.

I have had a look at your links to documents and was concerned to see information on them that I wouldn't share on an open forum.

Think it is just the licence plate number in the following posts->

If you are not worried about it that is fine. Just wanted to point it out.
    Last edited by claxtome; 13-01-2018 at 4:46 AM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Jan 18, 8:47 AM
    • 7,624 Posts
    • 6,706 Thanks
    The Deep
    As double dip cases usually get thrown our in court, I do not think that the OP needs to be too concerned about this.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,166Posts Today

9,526Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin