Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 4th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    • 1,495Posts
    • 443Thanks
    zolablue25
    Triton Martinique shower problem
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    Triton Martinique shower problem 4th Jan 18 at 10:55 AM
    Over the last couple of days my Triton Martinique shower has started to show signs of a problem.

When I select one of the power settings (to turn the shower on) the light comes on next to the selected button but no water comes out. If I give it a tap on the side of the case it springs in to life.

The low pressure light is not lit. My immediate thought was a sticking solenoid valve but I would have thought that would have given a low-pressure warning?

I'm going to take it apart at the weekend but, in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions what I should looking for?

Thanks
Page 1
    • southcoastrgi
    • By southcoastrgi 9th Jan 18, 11:24 PM
    • 5,267 Posts
    • 3,060 Thanks
    southcoastrgi
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:24 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:24 PM
    It’s very rare that it’s cost effective to repair electric showers these days when you can buy a new one for £50
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
    • zolablue25
    • By zolablue25 10th Jan 18, 3:24 PM
    • 1,495 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    zolablue25
    • 10th Jan 18, 3:24 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 3:24 PM
    To replace the shower with an exact replacement (and thus avoid plumbing and wiring issues) would currently be £120.

I have done some investigation into the fault and I think that its probably the universal PCB on the front panel. Unfortunately, it would cost £50 to buy a replacement board to confirm my suspicion. That would be fine if I am right but a rather expensive mistake if I'm wrong.

Think I'm going to have to stump up the £120 and get a new one, but I'll probably just change the pcb over from the new one to see if I'm right. If I am then I'll look out for a new board at a good price so that I will have a spare shower for when it packs up completely.
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 10th Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    • 4,039 Posts
    • 3,451 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 10th Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    To replace the shower with an exact replacement (and thus avoid plumbing and wiring issues) would currently be £120.
    Originally posted by zolablue25

It probably won't be necessary to get an exactly identical replacement - most electric showers these days have standard-ish connections. For example, most models will give you the option of top, bottom or side water entry points, and the electrical connections are pretty easy to juggle about a little bit if needs be.

The only thing you do need to watch is the power rating. Most domestic showers come in either 8.5KW, 9.5KW or 10.5KW options. If your existing shower is 10.5KW then you can safely replace it with any of the above options. If the existing one is 8.5KW and you want to replace it with a more powerful one then you'd need to check that the wiring is up to the job. It may well be that the wiring is already designed to cope with up to 10.5KW, but you'd need to check - or get a qualified electrician to take a look and advise you if you're not sure. But that aside, just replacing the shower unit is not a particularly difficult job. Hopefully it goes without saying - but do make sure you kill the power to the shower circuit, and switch off the water supply, before you do anything !
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,457Posts Today

9,142Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bigmickwelsh63: @MartinSLewis Already done it.... donated my kidney to my brother almost 30yrs ago. Not sure if I would have done it fo?

• Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• Follow Martin