Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Jm90
    • By Jm90 4th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 73Posts
    • 34Thanks
    No bond or agent fees, weary?
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    No bond or agent fees, weary? 4th Jan 18 at 10:29 AM
    Hi all, myself, husband and children are looking to move away.
    We have found a large home we would like to move into, however some of the carpets do need changing, i pointed this out and they replied that there would be no bond or agent fees so we could put the carpet down that we liked.

We are new to private renting and not sure if this is the norm or if its something to be weary of.

As every other house we have liked all incuur additional charges.

The house is also being advertised for sale, but have said that they would prefer to let it out.

Any advice welcome.

Many thanks
Page 3
    • t0rt0ise
    • By t0rt0ise 8th Jan 18, 11:34 AM
    • 2,983 Posts
    • 1,854 Thanks
    Doesn't your Housing Association have a transfer list? Ours does. Anyone can ask for a move and they are quite good at offering them because of course they still have your place for moving new people to so they lose nothing. I would never give up my HA home. I did a swap using because I wanted to move out of the area but if you want to move closer a transfer is good.
    Last edited by t0rt0ise; 08-01-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    • Jm90
    • By Jm90 9th Jan 18, 9:05 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Ok so, after talking to the landlord in question, he said himself and business partner owned the house. That his business partner lives in spain.

So paid to check via land registry as a few people have said too.
    Its in a name, not his
    I had a quick look on facebook and found the person in question and he does indeed live in alicante in spain.
    House is in his name only?
    Ive had no contact at all with this person.

I recieved a text last night saying the other one will contact me tomorrow regaurding the move.

To be honest i think im going to leave it. It breaks my heart but ive got to put my family first, and as you've all said i shouldnt have to carpet a house just to be able to live there. To many alarm bells are ringing.

We saw the other house yesterday, which is fresh/clean we would be able to just move in, no messing about having to decorate.

Giving up my HA home is not something i am doing lightly, please believe me, ive done 2 house swaps in my town and that was the first route i took.
    My home holds a lot of lovely memories, i had 2 of my children at here.
    My housing association are odd, when home swapper asked them to verify our address, they refused, the thing is, i dont actually want to live in this town anymore, ive been on fb swapping groups for the places i actually want to move to but nothing ever comes up for here or even if i ask.
    Its a shame, ive been unhappy a long long time and life is to short to feel you cant walk to your car without feeling intimidated
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

460Posts Today

5,070Users online

Martin's Twitter