Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Neiltaffy
    • By Neiltaffy 3rd Jan 18, 10:43 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Neiltaffy
    Pcn for a different car
    • 3rd Jan 18, 10:43 PM
    Pcn for a different car 3rd Jan 18 at 10:43 PM
    Hi sorry, read the Newbie thread but a little confused....looking at the various templates

I've recieved a pcn from Euro Car Parks for a car that is not mine. This car identified by anpr entered Leicester but is a different lettering to my own ( A smudgy Y instead of a V and thr rest of the lettering/numbering is different). Added to the fact I have never been to Leicester and was parked by my offices in Cardiff- with a ticket to prove it. I've seen the template offered to BPA residents but wondering if this is the right one to appeal against?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Page 2
    • Neiltaffy
    • By Neiltaffy 5th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Neiltaffy
    Good morning all, to update you I have had a reply from Steve at the BPA who also confirms he remains the lead contact for these matters, is happy to help and was aware of my case via this forum!

He has spoken to Euro Car Parks who have confirmed my contention and his assumption. Namely that they have made a mistake issuing me with a PCN which should have gone to another motorist.

I've been told an apology letter will be dispatched to me very shortly from Euro and his contact there has also asked that her personal apologies be conveyed as well. So I will await that.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 5th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 471 Thanks
    claxtome
    Good to hear. Lets hope you don't have to wait too long
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 12:37 AM
    • 52,739 Posts
    • 66,271 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Good!

Steve Clark always did resolve issues like this without fuss; IMHO he's wasted at the BPA with the dross he has to represent.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Jan 18, 2:37 AM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    And an amount of compensation for the Dan Ages? DPA breach
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Jan 18, 9:28 AM
    • 40,700 Posts
    • 81,278 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Please help us by telling WHICH magazine about this disgraceful breach of your data by an unregulated private parking company.

Please use the link from post 1 of this thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765579
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Neiltaffy
    • By Neiltaffy 6th Jan 18, 9:25 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Neiltaffy
    Thanks all I will indeed let Which know. I will also wait to hear from dvla and Euro Car Parks.

I dont know about any damages I mzy be liable for but did as suggested here and raised formal complaint through dvla. And Steve has been brilliant I must say.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 16,286 Posts
    • 25,339 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    And Steve has been brilliant I must say.
    I’ve always respected him. A beacon in the night sky of the private parking industry.

I’m sure if he ever left the BPA he’d be brilliant in becoming a forum regular adviser - that would put the skids up whatever is left of the BPA AOS membership - as more jump ship to the cheaper, free-for-all trough and pasture of the IPC.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jan 18, 12:04 AM
    • 52,739 Posts
    • 66,271 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    He would be brilliant to work with in fighting PPC scams; you are right Umkomaas!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,271Posts Today

10,051Users online

Martin's Twitter