Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cookiepops
    • By Cookiepops 3rd Jan 18, 9:47 PM
    • 328Posts
    • 196Thanks
    Cookiepops
    Switch plan but same supplier through USwitch?
    • 3rd Jan 18, 9:47 PM
    Switch plan but same supplier through USwitch? 3rd Jan 18 at 9:47 PM
    My plan ends with Scottish Power on 31 Jan and the ones they're offering me to switch to aren't competitive. I looked on U switch and there is an exclusive plan which is much cheaper but its still with Scottish Power. As I am already with Scottish power, can I switch plans via U Switch or do I have to change supplier?

Thanks
    Cookiepops
Page 1
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 4th Jan 18, 6:25 AM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 874 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:25 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:25 AM
    My plan ends with Scottish Power on 31 Jan and the ones they're offering me to switch to aren't competitive. I looked on U switch and there is an exclusive plan which is much cheaper but its still with Scottish Power. As I am already with Scottish power, can I switch plans via U Switch or do I have to change supplier?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Cookiepops
    Depends on the terms of the offer which you need to refer to. It's likely but not certain that the exclusive offer is only available to new customers of Scottish Power as a way to increase business. If it's available to existing Scottish Power customers then yes go for it. If the deal turns sour you can then switch to a different supplier.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 4th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    • 2,654 Posts
    • 3,750 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 4th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    Ring SP and ask about the deal - see if they can offer it to you.

You've nothing to lose.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 4th Jan 18, 9:05 AM
    • 4,069 Posts
    • 1,632 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:05 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:05 AM

Thanks
    Originally posted by Cookiepops
    If uSwitch is offering you the option to switch via them to this tariff, then the answer is yes you can switch to this tariff via the comparison site

If the tariff was not available to existing customers, you would not be offered the tariff (assuming you gave uSwitch the correct current details)
    Last edited by footyguy; 04-01-2018 at 9:12 AM.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 4th Jan 18, 9:07 AM
    • 4,069 Posts
    • 1,632 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:07 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:07 AM
    Ring SP and ask about the deal - see if they can offer it to you.

You've nothing to lose.
    Originally posted by Dobbibill
    Scottish Power may not be able to offer this tariff directly, and so the call taker may not be aware of it.

The OP calls this "an exclusive plan" so perhaps is only offered via comparison sites or even only just by uSwitch

If the OP calls SP, SP will try and convince the OP to take a tariff they do offer.
    Last edited by footyguy; 04-01-2018 at 9:10 AM.
    • Cookiepops
    • By Cookiepops 4th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    Cookiepops
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    If uSwitch is offering you the option to switch via them to this tariff, then the answer is yes you can switch to this tariff via the comparison site

If the tariff was not available to existing customers, you would not be offered the tariff (assuming you gave uSwitch the correct current details)
    Originally posted by footyguy
    thats what I thought! I had to put my current supplier and existing plan into the details so I am presuming it is available to me. I have emailed Uswitch and am awaiting a response.
    Cookiepops
    • Capyboppy
    • By Capyboppy 4th Jan 18, 11:29 PM
    • 382 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    Capyboppy
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:29 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 11:29 PM
    Funny I should see this as I was on the phone today giving them gip over them wanting my payments to go from £36 to nearly £82. That would be swapping from the same plan as the OP to the cheapest online one. The operator actually told me that if I looked on the comparison sites there was a cheaper SP offer if I wanted to stay. I am still out on where to go as there seems to be drawbacks to all of them. First Utility, Bristol Energy and British Gas are the top 3 but all have something to put me off. I know I need to make a decision quickly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,640Posts Today

8,991Users online

Martin's Twitter