Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dmcw
    • By dmcw 3rd Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 7Thanks
    dmcw
    Discharged 3 years. Why examiner keep emailing me?
    • 3rd Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    Discharged 3 years. Why examiner keep emailing me? 3rd Jan 18 at 9:09 PM
    Hi guys

Discharged October 2015. Long term assets di
    Moved away from house October 2017. Why does the case examiner keep asking me for bank details etc ?
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 4th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    • 7,315 Posts
    • 5,370 Thanks
    -taff
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    Was a BRU or BRO issued?
    • dmcw
    • By dmcw 4th Jan 18, 9:53 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    dmcw
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:53 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 9:53 PM
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply. Was discharged with no bro or bru in October 15. House was dealt wirh in October 17. Negative equity so they walked away. Examiner emailed me regarding a post office cash card account which was set up the week after bankruptcy to have benefit payments paid into. She wants to know the maximum amount in that account. Also any accounts I have for my two young children.
    All this should have been asked during my bankruptcy between 2014 and 2015. My discharge was on the website and showed for 3 months. She has emailed me again this month asking how much is in my children account currently and what is the source of the income????
  • National Debtline
    • 5th Jan 18, 10:59 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 10:59 AM
    Hi DMCW,

It is understandable that you would be frustrated in a situation like this and just want to draw a line under things. Unfortunately, the OR is continuing to investigate your situation as they feel it is warranted and the best thing you can do is cooperate with the OR and provide them the information they are asking for.

It is possible that information has come to the OR's attention after your discharge but was relevant at the time you declared bankruptcy. If the OR is asking about your children's accounts and where the money in those accounts has come from, it may be because they suspect an asset was concealed. If you can clearly show that wasn't the case, then it is unlikely any further action will be taken. Best of luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • dmcw
    • By dmcw 5th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    dmcw
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I have done just as you have said but she leaves it a whole calendar month between emails which is dragging out. My ex husband went bankrupt which meant i had to wait three years to see how they dealt wirh the house. Following this I declared bankruptcy which added another three years. This has been such a long drawn out process. Why would these issues come to light 3.5 years later?
  • National Debtline
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    Hello again,

I can understand your annoyance in a situation dragging on, but unfortunately, I can only speculate as to why this has come to light so long after the discharge.

You could try calling the OR to speed things up or even send another email but this time stress your desire to cooperate and close the situation. Make sure that this email includes all of the information requested and ask for a quick response - the sooner the OR gets the information requested, the sooner it will all be finished. You can mention that you are unhappy with how the situation has been handled so far (in particular the time frame).

You do have the option to raise it as a formal complaint, but I would consider this very carefully at this time - given the situation. Your goal is to draw a line under things as quickly as possible so keeping the OR on side is important at this stage. You can always raise it later, if you feel it is appropriate.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

349Posts Today

2,447Users online

Martin's Twitter