Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• olleym
    • By olleym 3rd Jan 18, 5:05 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    0 WOW
    Car Hire Contract
    • 3rd Jan 18, 5:05 PM
    0 WOW
    Car Hire Contract 3rd Jan 18 at 5:05 PM
    I booked a car in the UK for the Dominican Republic, I arrived on time and the car hire company was closed. I realised that the car voucher stated it would close before my arrival.
    My argument with the car hire broker company in the UK. is that I told them my flight time and time I would pick up the vehicle, yet they entered into a contract with me (by taking my money), by providing car hire from a company that would be closed at my selected time.
    Has anuone esperienced this or could point me in the right direction regarding contract law?
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 3rd Jan 18, 5:47 PM
    • 18,501 Posts
    • 7,666 Thanks
    • 3rd Jan 18, 5:47 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 5:47 PM
    Happens all the time with those late night arrivals at IBZ.

A car hire broker will sell you anything. They can!!!8217;t keep up with location opening hours.

Perhaps consider a s75 claim if you paid by credit card.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • cubegame
    • By cubegame 5th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1,356 Posts
    • 676 Thanks
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    • 5th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    Are you sure they didn't offer out of hours pickup for an additional fee? Maybe you missed the operative?
    • Indigo Car Hire
      Verified User verified user
    • By Indigo Car Hire Verified User verified user 24th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Indigo Car Hire
    • 24th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 24th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    Were there any delays, did you arrive at the stated time? and were they aware of your flight number?

If they offer an OOH service, they don't tend to stick around for long after the stated time.

if they had your flight number they would have been aware of any potential delays and should really have worked around it.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Indigo Car Hire. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,424Posts Today

7,310Users online

Martin's Twitter