Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IndigentWharf
    • By IndigentWharf 3rd Jan 18, 3:33 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    IndigentWharf
    G24 PCN received help required
    • 3rd Jan 18, 3:33 PM
    G24 PCN received help required 3rd Jan 18 at 3:33 PM
    So i just received a pcn from G24 regarding a notice of not paying a fee for parking which should have been £5.60, i do admit i did not pay the charge as i saw no parking meters around and as exiting the parking lot i found the barrier was also up aswell and even stopped to read the sign on way out but nothing other then fees etc, should i just pay the £62.50 or try fighting it, even though i didn't pay the charge? as a new user i have not been able to upload the picture of the letter
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 16,357 Posts
    • 25,453 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 3rd Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    should i just pay the £62.50 or try fighting it,
    What reply do you really expect from a forum where regular members are fighting unfair parking charges day in, day out (and at night and the early hours for that matter)?

Try reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which will explain the game you are now ensnared in.

G24 are no big deal.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • IndigentWharf
    • By IndigentWharf 3rd Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    IndigentWharf
    • 3rd Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    Sorry i know, need to fight these penny pinchers
    • IndigentWharf
    • By IndigentWharf 3rd Jan 18, 4:24 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    IndigentWharf
    • 3rd Jan 18, 4:24 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 4:24 PM
    Would anyone know who i would contact from fulham broadway shopping centre regarding the pcn as it was their carpark, and are G24 an ipc company?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 5,164 Posts
    • 3,631 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    I just stuck fulham broadway shopping centre into google and instantly found a page with the managing agent's name.

Perhaps you could try that?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 3rd Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 7,657 Posts
    • 6,734 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 3rd Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    You are asking questions the answers to which are easily foubd if you use a search engine.

Why not send them a nice letter of apology and enclose the amount you owe, plus a fiver for their trouble. If they left the barrier up ir might indicate that it was not working.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    • 16,357 Posts
    • 25,453 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 3rd Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    You are asking questions the answers to which are easily foubd if you use a search engine.

Why not send them a nice letter of apology and enclose the amount you owe, plus a fiver for their trouble. If they left the barrier up ir might indicate that it was not working.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Who to TD? G24? That will only encourage them to press for more. Or are you suggesting a payment to the MA - likely it will be the MA’s barrier, not G24’s, PPCs and barriers don’t mix!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • IndigentWharf
    • By IndigentWharf 3rd Jan 18, 6:22 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    IndigentWharf
    • 3rd Jan 18, 6:22 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 6:22 PM
    So should i just send fulham shopping center payment covering the hourly rate? and also email the info@ email address, that is all i have been able to find.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 3rd Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 7,657 Posts
    • 6,734 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 3rd Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    who to TD? G24? That will only encourage them to press for more.

Let them press for whatsoever they like. If it got to court, refusing a tenner for a genuine mistake could be seen as unreasonable behaviour. Judges surely must be getting wise to these cons by now.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • IndigentWharf
    • By IndigentWharf 3rd Jan 18, 7:36 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    IndigentWharf
    Thank you The Deep, i will do exactly that send a payment to the shopping center with a gratuity and take it from there, should i send a postal order or just a tenner note?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 5,164 Posts
    • 3,631 Thanks
    KeithP
    IW, I don't think that's a very good idea at all.

All that would happen is that your postal order or cash would get 'lost' and the parking company would consider you an 'easy touch' and continue to hound you for all they can get.

But that's just my opinion... another opinion amongst many.

Did you discover any alternative strategy when you read post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread?
    • IndigentWharf
    • By IndigentWharf 4th Jan 18, 8:34 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    IndigentWharf
    Reply i got from g24 after following step 1

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

You have stated that you were not the driver of the vehicle at the date and time of the breach of the contractual terms of the car park, however you have failed to inform us who was.

Judge Ackroyd, 2008, Oldham Court, Combined Parking Solutions versus Mr Stephen Thomas, in the case where Mr Thomas claimed not to be the driver, but did not state who was, ruled that on the balance of probability he was the driver and ordered the Charge to be paid plus additional court costs.

If, at the end of the period of 28 days (beginning with the day after the date on which this correspondence is issued), you have not complied with the above, then we have the right to take recovery action against you.

As we have extensively investigated this Contractual Parking Charge Notice and provided you with the results of our investigation, no further investigation will be undertaken. Any further correspondence may not receive a response, the options below are still open to you.

You now have one of the following options available to you:

1. Pay the outstanding Parking Charge. Payment of your Contractual Parking Charge Notice can be made via the payment line: 0333 733 3000 or by sending a cheque or postal order to G24 Limited, PO Box 3320, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8WT.

2. If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to The Independent Appeals Service theIAS.org The Independent Appeals Service provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the The Independent Appeals Service Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of your first rejection.

3. If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Jan 18, 8:40 PM
    • 17,181 Posts
    • 21,469 Thanks
    Redx
    a standard rejection template , so do nothing and IGNORE the debt recovery procedures as debt collectors are powerless and should be ignored

come back if G24 or their legal representatives issue an LBC or an MCOL within the next 6 years

it is their job to do one of the following 2 options

1) pursue the driver (if known)

you are under no obligation to name the driver

or

2) adhere to POFA2012 and make the keeper (you) liable for this charge

it is unlikely that G24 followed POFA2012 , so as keeper you do not have to engage with them at all unless they issue court papers within 6 years

the best option for cancellation is a complaint to the landowner
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 16,357 Posts
    • 25,453 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Judge Ackroyd, 2008, Oldham Court, Combined Parking Solutions versus Mr Stephen Thomas, in the case where Mr Thomas claimed not to be the driver, but did not state who was, ruled that on the balance of probability he was the driver and ordered the Charge to be paid plus additional court costs.
    Utterly ancient, and laughable in equal measure. 4 years before PoFA became law. What a joke of a ‘precedent’ - they have no clue!

Let them argue that in front of a judge. Trouble is, they are too frightened (and/or don’t have the basic intellectual capacity) to actually put this in front of any judge.

Look at how many times they’ve tried in the past 3 years, despite issuing close on 300,000 tickets.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

Come on G24, give the forum the chance of grinding you into the dust - and with some hefty costs awarded against you! Get your cherry popped here.

• IndigentWharf
    • By IndigentWharf 5th Jan 18, 12:14 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    IndigentWharf
    thanks guys for all the help
    simply will ignore now, i will email the shopping centre outlining the issue and see if they can cancel the pcn, but i wont engage with the penny pinchers now
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jan 18, 12:32 AM
    • 52,907 Posts
    • 66,431 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Perfect.

As an aside, please contact WHICH? magazine using the easy link from this thread to tell them briefly of your plight. The more people who contact WHICH, the more likely they are to take up this unregulated scam industry as their next cause:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765579
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 05-01-2018 at 11:32 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

561Posts Today

5,067Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Always fun to speak to @ChrisEvans on radio - at the speed we both go - we could do an hours's show in 15minutes.

• RT @benpostma: After watching @MartinSLewis I took my faulty trainers back to where I bought them from, with no receipt just a screen shot?

• RT @Louloubell1980: @MartinSLewis My little 3yr old and his Auntie on Christmas Eve....4 days after she donated her Kidney to him x https:/?

• Follow Martin