Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • m.jones7877
    • By m.jones7877 3rd Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    m.jones7877
    Barnet Hospital - Parking Eye PCN
    • 3rd Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    Barnet Hospital - Parking Eye PCN 3rd Jan 18 at 10:58 AM
    Hi I have read the template for what to send to appeal but have a couple of concerns. I was hoping for some reassurance before starting the appeal.

What is the process ( I know I send the appeal to PEye and get a POPLA code but what happens next)?

I am in the process of applying for a mortgage is this going to impact on my credit in anyway if they pursue this, how difficult can they make this?

How long is this whole process likely to take?

Am I likely to win, should I just pay £60 and be done with it?

We had a hospital appointment after taking plenty of time to find a space the first two machines were not working. Then received news of a family bereavement and completely forgot coupled with Christmas etc.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 16,663 Posts
    • 26,057 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 3rd Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    What is the process ( I know I send the appeal to PEye and get a POPLA code but what happens next)?
    You appeal to POPLA using info from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3.

I am in the process of applying for a mortgage is this going to impact on my credit in anyway if they pursue this, how difficult can they make this?
    No impact whatsoever. You!!!8217;d have to lose in court and then refuse to pay any costs awarded against you. Some people take the huff when I suggest they are suffering from ill-researched, uninformed hysteria, so I!!!8217;ll just say that you have been taken in by an urban myth!

How long is this whole process likely to take?
    The whole process could take up to 6 years - the amount of time an alleged debt can be pursued through the county court, but if you get your POPLA appeal in good shape, about a couple of months to kill it off.

Am I likely to win
    Good POPLA appeals almost always win. If you!!!8217;re talking about a county court case, a good defence is a must, then it!!!8217;s 50:50.

should I just pay £60 and be done with it?
    What sort of answer are you expecting from a forum that devotes so much time to fighting unfair parking charges?

You could get this killed off quickly if you can get PALS (Google it) at the hospital to help you. But from memory, Barnet haven!!!8217;t been overly helpful previously, but personnel and attitudes may change (especially in light of the recent adverse national headlines on unfair hospital parking charges).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Daveoly
    • By Daveoly 20th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Daveoly
    • 20th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    parking eye in hospitals
    • 20th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    Hi
    I am in the same boat, I put the correct money in the machine for the time I was in the hospital car park and even went to see the hospital receptionist and told him I put the £1.30 in for the hour and as stipulated on there sign that if you go over your time you can buy another 30 minutes for 80 pence so I did so but the ticket come out with only the £1.30 ticket not the £2.10 pence I put in. the receptionist told me they could not do anything about it with it being a privet company, i got a penalty fine through the door last week stating I was seven minutes over I filled in the appeal form and attached my ticket to it. I will have to wait and see but they need to put more lighting on these machines as it took me a few minute to put my reg in to the machine as I had to use my torch on my phone.
    Dave
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jan 18, 9:20 PM
    • 54,038 Posts
    • 67,704 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Jan 18, 9:20 PM
    • 21st Jan 18, 9:20 PM
    I filled in the appeal form and attached my ticket to it.
    Not the original?!! Let us know on your own thread, what happens when you ring PALS at the Hospital.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• m.jones7877
    • By m.jones7877 14th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    m.jones7877
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    I have now got a POPLA reference number from Parking Eye, what do I do next?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Feb 18, 4:25 PM
    • 16,663 Posts
    • 26,057 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:25 PM
    I have now got a POPLA reference number from Parking Eye, what do I do next?
    Originally posted by m.jones7877
    I told you what to do and where to find the relevant advice in my reply to your opening post on 3 January.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Feb 18, 4:25 PM
    • 17,325 Posts
    • 21,713 Thanks
    Redx
    you read post #3 of that NEWBIES sticky thread and construct a bespoke POPLA appeal, same as everyone else , plus as mentioned above you were told all this in post #2
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • m.jones7877
    • By m.jones7877 14th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    m.jones7877
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    Sorry I have read the post but don't particularly understand. I have seen the post 3 but there is a lot there and it is confusing me. I dont want to post any details on here but would really appreciate some assistance
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Feb 18, 4:40 PM
    • 16,663 Posts
    • 26,057 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:40 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:40 PM
    I dont want to post any details on here but would really appreciate some assistance
    What sort of assistance are you looking for if you're not prepared to post any details on here?

• m.jones7877
    • By m.jones7877 14th Feb 18, 6:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    m.jones7877
    OK they didnt pay at the time as the machine wasnt working. Then received v bad news and they forgot. Tried to phone up two days later and they will not let you do so.

Any thoughts on how to base their appeal
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Feb 18, 6:11 PM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 3,219 Thanks
    waamo
    OK they didnt pay at the time as the machine wasnt working. Then received v bad news and they forgot. Tried to phone up two days later and they will not let you do so.

Any thoughts on how to base their appeal
    Originally posted by m.jones7877
    I would involve PALS in that case. It may also be worthwhile emailing the chief executive saying how this is adding to your distress at a difficult time.

This is exactly the reason parking companies shouldn't be anywhere near hospitals.
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Feb 18, 6:19 PM
    • 17,325 Posts
    • 21,713 Thanks
    Redx
    meanwhile, what happened on the day has no real bearing on a POPLA appeal

construct your popla appeal based on the usual legal arguments and also complain to PALS and get it cancelled like you were told over a month ago (this is your BEST option)

post the draft POPLA appeal on here for critique before submitting it , this has to be submitted within about 30 days of the popla code being issued, or it times out
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Feb 18, 11:32 PM
    • 54,038 Posts
    • 67,704 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Do the complaint to PALS first, this week. Push to get this cancelled before you try POPLA.

If that doesn't work, then what is difficult about the POPLA appeal point templates, most posters find them easy to copy & paste.

You haven't said whether this is a 'golden ticket' (and you've read the NEWBIES thread post #3 so you will know what one looks like).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,021Posts Today

9,012Users online

Martin's Twitter