Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 3rd Jan 18, 10:19 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    Euro car park ticket
    • 3rd Jan 18, 10:19 AM
    Euro car park ticket 3rd Jan 18 at 10:19 AM
    By!Phillthebingo3rd Jan 18, 2:59 AM

What's this?

PHILLTHEBINGOView public profileSend private messageFind more postsView all thanked postsAdd to contacts

Euro car park ticket

My partner received a ticket for £50 , £85 if unpaid . And then a week later I received one for my car as both cars were parked after 6pm . The drivers thought this would be fine as thought It was free . Not saying if I was the driver or not . I did email a letter , as 1 of the cars is still registered to my old address and only received the letter Xmas day and was delivered over a week ago . So unsure where to go from here . My partner just paid the ticket and pretty much cried all day as it was her last £50 she saved for the kids presents . Any help or advice would be much appreciated as old a few days till it goes up to the £85 . I've emailed matalan but yet to receive a response
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Jan 18, 1:17 PM
    • 5,206 Posts
    • 3,668 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Jan 18, 1:17 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 1:17 PM
    You were already advised following one of your other posts to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

How are you getting on with that?

Do come back if you have further questions.
    • Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 4th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    • 4th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    Yes I did and watched the video . But oviously I'm still at a loss . I give up just going to pay the fine . Kind regards
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 4th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 1,732 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    Why will you pay? You can’t be at a loss - the newbies thread has a template appeal for you to use even!

It’s onlynECP for crying out loud. No one pays them once informed. No one
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    • 52,924 Posts
    • 66,468 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    Yes I did and watched the video .
    Originally posted by Phillthebingo
    There is no video linked in the NEWBIES thread here on this forum. What on earth were you reading?

But oviously I'm still at a loss . I give up just going to pay the fine.
    Wow, that's woeful.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 5th Jan 18, 12:52 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:52 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 12:52 AM
    This is unreal . Unsure if it's because I'm on my phone . Unsure What I Watched Then . It was something to do with posting your first thread . Got to be honest this may come as a suprise . But I don't normally post in forums . This wa's my first time giving it ago . As I was so anoyed about getting 2 tickets in the same week . I thought the deadline was 7th to pay otherwise it increases but it's the 20th . So still a bit of time to get this write . I apologize again . I'll try and have another look and see if I can figure this out .
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Jan 18, 1:01 AM
    • 40,753 Posts
    • 81,354 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:01 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 1:01 AM
    You are advised to look at this site on a computer. Often there are problems viewing the information on a 'phone and you may end up missing important information.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES on this (parking) forum before going any further.

Use the Forum Jump "Go" button in the top or bottom right hand corner of this page to find it.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 05-01-2018 at 1:05 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 5th Jan 18, 2:00 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:00 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 2:00 AM
    Many thanks . I've changed it to desktop viewing. And now there's a option to search . But still not getting very far. Wrote in newbies f&q then searched but just other threads. And a bit concerned if I write anything or start a new thread I'll be posting in the wrong place after many failed attempts . Will keep searching . Sure this is easy to most people . Must be having a blonde moment lol
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Jan 18, 4:24 AM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 1,732 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:24 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 4:24 AM
    No, you go to the first page

Look around three posts down, you’ll find one saying NEWBIES

That’s the one you want

But you’re still not listening - NOONE PAYS ECP. Dear god, they’re utterly scared of court.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Jan 18, 9:19 AM
    • 7,678 Posts
    • 6,748 Thanks
    The Deep
    If you pay this you will be financing organised crime. The money will go to importing class A substances, 13 year old Albanian sex workers, and knock off Nikes. y
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 5th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 8,145 Posts
    • 8,540 Thanks
    pappa golf
    If you pay this you will be financing organised crime. The money will go to importing class A substances, 13 year old Albanian sex workers, and knock off Nikes. y
    Originally posted by The Deep

are euro carparks registered at companies house for those things?
    • Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 6th Jan 18, 12:04 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    HI many thanks . I haven't paid and just got the letter that the fines gone up to £85 . The problem is its at my parents address where the cars registered as I haven't changed the address to my new address . And now there concerned . They even offered to pay but I said no . My friend ignored the letters as he had over £600 in fines and they took him to court he had to pay over £1000 in the end over wise he would have got csj against him . I stupidly sent them a message saying I presumed it was free after 6 or I would have paid ect. So stupidly admitted to being the driver . Is there no where I can appeal the decision ?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 12:14 AM
    • 52,924 Posts
    • 66,468 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I haven't changed the address to my new address.
    Then do so, in writing.

My friend ignored the letters as he had over £600 in fines and they took him to court he had to pay over £1000 in the end over wise he would have got csj against him
    No he didn't have to pay £1000, unless he managed to actually LOSE at a hearing, which 99% of people here do not. Sounds like he got a claim, panicked and paid it - I am seeing a pattern here with your friends!

And his wasn't ECP. We know that for a fact, because ECP don't sue.

My partner just paid the ticket and pretty much cried all day as it was her last £50 she saved for the kids presents .
    You mean she paid her own one without researching, using the family's money? But yours is still in play?

Is there no where I can appeal the decision ?
    POPLA, if they gave you a POPLA code after you appealed, in the rejection letter. As per lots of threads here, we win at POPLA.

Not a single person here ever pays ECP. I've ignored them several times myself.

It's not a fine and your partner was scammed. Don't make it worse by copying her.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 6th Jan 18, 1:01 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    Thank you coupon mad . I'm unsure who's his tickets were issued with. Yes she paid stright away . I did say to wait as before I've phoned them explained and had the ticket wrote of as first time offence ect. I haven't appealed the decision . I sent them one message that I wish I didn't . If you don't mind I'll pm you what I sent them . And if you could advice what you think's best. Appeal ignore ect. Many thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 1:03 AM
    • 52,924 Posts
    • 66,468 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You can't pm me, I block pm's. Stop being scared of nothing and show us here.

• Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 6th Jan 18, 1:07 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    It's not so much scared it's how stupid I look after reading through the forums , I shouldn't have sent this message . Live and learn I guess

Just received a parking fine from yourselfs. It went to previous address so just received it today a lovely Christmas present .
    I parked after 6pm and am unsure why I received this fine as shouldn't it be free after 6 ? Totally unaware if not . As I would have paid for a ticket as I always do if I was aware of this . I really can't afford to pay this ticket . And don't see a way that I can . And it seens way to much for what it is . Willing to pay £11.21 but that's . As that's all I have left in my account
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 1:16 AM
    • 52,924 Posts
    • 66,468 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Luckily, it's only ECP.

So, they will reply with a POPLA code and you can make a better fist of that stage. Relax, it's ECP, I've collected their PCNs!

• Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 6th Jan 18, 1:42 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    So what do I do from here ? I haven't replied or appealed or contacted popla nothing expect the message ? Also your help is much appreciated .
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Jan 18, 1:55 AM
    • 5,206 Posts
    • 3,668 Thanks
    KeithP
    Wait patiently.

That appeal will be rejected - just like all appeals are.

They will send you a code to appeal to PoPLA in due course.

You might want to read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread to prepare yourself for that.
    • Phillthebingo
    • By Phillthebingo 6th Jan 18, 10:38 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Phillthebingo
    Good Morning

The PCN has been issued correctly for No valid pay and display/permit was purchased

This is a pay and display car park and signage on entrance and throughout the car park is quite clear in its intent

It is not possible to pay for your parking retrospectively

You are required to appeal the PCN or pay the PCN

Please call 02035534559 to make payment
    To appeal please complete the online appeals form

Regards

Customer Services
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

470Posts Today

5,300Users online

Martin's Twitter