Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• rhysjackson
    • By rhysjackson 2nd Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Workplace Lottery
    • 2nd Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    Workplace Lottery 2nd Jan 18 at 7:38 PM

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to be posting in. Please let me know if there's somewhere more appropriate.

I recently won a holiday for two as the top prize in a workplace lottery.

I am still a full time employee at the organisation, but since winning the prize draw I have handed in my notice and will shortly be leaving the business.

When trying to claim my prize, i've been told that "the prize won't be valid because the prizes are donated based on the employee traveling & the supplier getting future sales". I'm not even sure what the second part even means, and no terms & conditions of the raffle have been shared.

Is the business within their rights to retroactively apply conditions to a draw?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 11th Jan 18, 3:24 AM
    • 1,664 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:24 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:24 AM
    No, no org can retrospectively alter terms unilaterally. It's breach of contract.

Send a polite email requesting the Terms & Conditions.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 11th Jan 18, 10:31 AM
    • 2,785 Posts
    • 2,665 Thanks
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:31 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:31 AM
    It means that the supplier of the holiday is sending it on the basis that you might sell the package to others.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,325Posts Today

7,793Users online

Martin's Twitter