Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RussWWFC
    • By RussWWFC 2nd Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 552Posts
    • 179Thanks
    RussWWFC
    Hermes delivery issue
    • 2nd Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    Hermes delivery issue 2nd Jan 18 at 6:53 PM
    I recently sold my camera on eBay and sent it via Hermes, using the eBay label system.

Today, I got a message from the buyer telling me that they'd checked the tracking and that Hermes had delivered the parcel and left it in the safe place of the bin. She said that they'd made no attempt to knock and that there was no bin at her property.

Despite here zero feedback, I'm inclined to believe her and know that eBay will rightly rule in her favour.

I've already contacted Hermes via Live Chat, they advised me to get on to eBay as that's who I purchased the postage from. I just came on here to see what my rights were and the likelihood of getting compensation. I only selected £25 compensation anyway, so I'll be losing out whatever unless the camera mysteriously turned up.

I've emailed them to see what they have got to say for themselves, but no reply as yet
    Wycombe Till I Die
Page 2
    • CardinalWolsey
    • By CardinalWolsey 3rd Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    CardinalWolsey
    As I said, it's not a singular company, therefore there is no "roll out" as you call it.

Each company will decide what (if anything) to do as and when.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    That would be how Hermes would like to describe it. However, Couriers have to use Hermes' HHT's, running Hermes' software. They may be "self employed", but have no choice in this matter. Hermes decide upon the timelines of rollout on their HHT's with their software. In exactly the same way that the RM, DPD etc roll out software updates to their HHT's that their employees use. In a very similar way to how Amazon roll out software updates to the the mobile phone based app that their delivery "partners" can use - take a look at https://flex.amazon.co.uk/
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 3rd Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 11,706 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    That would be how Hermes would like to describe it. However, Couriers have to use Hermes' HHT's, running Hermes' software. They may be "self employed", but have no choice in this matter. Hermes decide upon the timelines of rollout on their HHT's with their software. In exactly the same way that the RM, DPD etc roll out software updates to their HHT's that their employees use. In a very similar way to how Amazon roll out software updates to the the mobile phone based app that their delivery "partners" can use - take a look at https://flex.amazon.co.uk/
    Originally posted by CardinalWolsey
    Blah blah blah.

Your post earlier said about "all couriers" rolling this out. My point was that there will be no "roll out" as couriers aren't one and the same company, regardless of what they use.
    • CardinalWolsey
    • By CardinalWolsey 3rd Jan 18, 11:06 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    CardinalWolsey
    Blah blah blah.

Your post earlier said about "all couriers" rolling this out. My point was that there will be no "roll out" as couriers aren't one and the same company, regardless of what they use.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Perhaps you'd like to spend your time posting something useful, and/or made sense?

You are surprisingly correct in that couriers aren't one and the same company - although there is a challenge to this currently, re whether they are self-employed or employed - but they have no option as to the tools they use (other than some couriers are acting as beta users of mobile phone based HHT software, which - seeing as their HHT's are Android based anyway - shouldn't be the proverbial rocket science). If a courier refused to accept a software update on their HHT (over which they have no choice / control anyway), then Hermes would no doubt "WYW". For which, as you're so knowledgeable, I won't have to explain the acronym.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th Jan 18, 7:19 AM
    • 11,706 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Perhaps you'd like to spend your time posting something useful, and/or made sense?
    Originally posted by CardinalWolsey
    Perhaps you would...
    • RussWWFC
    • By RussWWFC 4th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    RussWWFC
    Thanks for the help so far guys. On the advice so far, I've emailed Shutl just a moment ago and am awaiting their response

I'm glad to see that I won't lose out, but feel sorry for the buyer, if they are indeed genuine. I guess it's in the hands of Shutl/eBay now
    Wycombe Till I Die
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th Jan 18, 6:02 PM
    • 11,706 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Thanks for the help so far guys. On the advice so far, I've emailed Shutl just a moment ago and am awaiting their response

I'm glad to see that I won't lose out, but feel sorry for the buyer, if they are indeed genuine. I guess it's in the hands of Shutl/eBay now
    Originally posted by RussWWFC
    If you use the Shutl website, they do have live chat during office hours. They may be able to get things moving a bit more quickly for you.
    • RussWWFC
    • By RussWWFC 4th Jan 18, 6:29 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    RussWWFC
    Indeed they were. Email reply within 5 minutes, they are chasing it up with Hermes
    Wycombe Till I Die
    • Scorpian
    • By Scorpian 11th Jan 18, 3:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Scorpian
    Hermes Parcel delivery
    I also have had the misfortune of sending an unwanted item back to a retailer via the Hermes return label "service" if you can call it that. Despite many emails (there is no phone number other than automated options which lead nowhere) they have admitted they have lost the parcel. I am trying to get a lost parcel claim form but they insist this comes from the retailer.
    As I paid for a service from Hermes surely my contract is with them directly especially as they admit they have lost the parcel.

I want the cost of goods at least refunding.

Hermes make everything as difficult as possible and the online chats do not address the issues raised.

If you have any luck please help.
    • RussWWFC
    • By RussWWFC 11th Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    RussWWFC
    Hermes have been very swift with their responses, currently awaiting the results of my claim I put in on Monday, funnily enough, heard no more from the buyer
    Wycombe Till I Die
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

858Posts Today

6,783Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin