Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 1st Jan 18, 6:54 PM
    • 1,677Posts
    • 3,114Thanks
    faerielight
    Anyone here taking CBD oil?
    • 1st Jan 18, 6:54 PM
    Anyone here taking CBD oil? 1st Jan 18 at 6:54 PM
    I've been taking it a month, it's helped dramatically with sleep and anxiety, but the pain relief I initially felt is wearing off.. Do any of you take it and what is it working/;not working for?
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
Page 1
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 1st Jan 18, 9:39 PM
    • 4,316 Posts
    • 9,078 Thanks
    minimad1970
    • 1st Jan 18, 9:39 PM
    • 1st Jan 18, 9:39 PM
    I was just reading about it today and was thinking about giving it a try. My main reasons for taking it would be insomnia, depression and anxiety. Hopefully someone will be along soon that has some experience of it and can advise you.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 2nd Jan 18, 12:37 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 3,114 Thanks
    faerielight
    • 2nd Jan 18, 12:37 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 12:37 PM
    it's worth trying as it's really helped my anxiety and sleep.. I researched the companies as there are a lot of rip offs and settled on cbd brothers.. the purple and white are the best ones for calming. I use te purple paste as it is the most ecconomical as the dose is minute, 1/2 grain of rice /
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 2nd Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 4,316 Posts
    • 9,078 Thanks
    minimad1970
    • 2nd Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    Thanks faerielight. I've emailed them about some samples.
    • Tygermoth
    • By Tygermoth 2nd Jan 18, 6:15 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 2,631 Thanks
    Tygermoth
    • 2nd Jan 18, 6:15 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 6:15 PM
    Hi Guys - thank you for the suggestion of the purveyors.

How soon did you notice and general improvement in sleep and general feeling of wellbeing?

if you don't mind me asking
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 2nd Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 3,114 Thanks
    faerielight
    • 2nd Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    They won't reply to an email for samples, you have to check the drop down box a few times a day, it can take a few days, but they are very generous. I got about £50 of oils.

I noticed the effect literally within half hour, it is a powerful relaxer, and kicks in quicly if you hold the oil or paste in your mouth sublingually, but overall within a week, I noticed that my mood was brighter and anxiety lessened. It has also added an extra hour or 2 to my sleep, which is great as I was only getting 4 or 5 I take it 3 times a day.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 3rd Jan 18, 1:08 AM
    • 4,316 Posts
    • 9,078 Thanks
    minimad1970
    • 3rd Jan 18, 1:08 AM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 1:08 AM
    They won't reply to an email for samples, you have to check the drop down box a few times a day, it can take a few days, but they are very generous. I got about £50 of oils.
    Originally posted by faerielight
    I emailed them via the link for samples on their FAQ page. I'll also check the free samples, they're all out of stock at the moment.

Samples are now in stock.
    Last edited by minimad1970; 03-01-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 3rd Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 3,114 Thanks
    faerielight
    • 3rd Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    • 3rd Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    I think they are so innundated with requests, they seem to only deal with samples via the sample page.. glad you found some in stock, do let me know how you get on with them
    • Tygermoth
    • By Tygermoth 4th Jan 18, 6:11 AM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 2,631 Thanks
    Tygermoth
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:11 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:11 AM
    Thank you for coming back to me. rather than stalk for samples, as i have a rather ill dog where my vet has 'hinted/vaguely motioned in the direction of - without actually giving any advice or saying anything that might get him into trouble'............... i have bought so i'll see how this goes.

I did therefore appreciate their pet statement in the FAQs
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 4th Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    • 4,316 Posts
    • 9,078 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Well my samples have arrived and I have no idea what they are, I ordered purple capsules and purple paste. There's 2 pots of capsules, 10x50mg and 5x100mg, and a syringe containing a dark coloured paste. I know they aren't allowed to advise on dosage so I think'll I'll just start with the paste tonight.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 4th Jan 18, 11:52 AM
    • 28,775 Posts
    • 73,437 Thanks
    Mojisola
    Well my samples have arrived and I have no idea what they are, I ordered purple capsules and purple paste. There's 2 pots of capsules, 10x50mg and 5x100mg, and a syringe containing a dark coloured paste. I know they aren't allowed to advise on dosage so I think'll I'll just start with the paste tonight.
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    Start with some paste the length of a grain of rice. Use that for a few days before increasing the amount.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 4th Jan 18, 6:07 PM
    • 4,316 Posts
    • 9,078 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Start with some paste the length of a grain of rice. Use that for a few days before increasing the amount.
    Originally posted by Mojisola
    Thanks Majisola. Do you have any advice about the capsules? I was going to use the paste first and then try the capsules.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 4th Jan 18, 6:23 PM
    • 28,775 Posts
    • 73,437 Thanks
    Mojisola
    Thanks Majisola. Do you have any advice about the capsules? I was going to use the paste first and then try the capsules.
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    I've used the oil and the paste but haven't tried the capsules.

You could ask on www.facebook.com/groups/1360500240656920/ - that's where I found out enough to get started.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 4th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 3,114 Thanks
    faerielight
    I know it feels like a stab in the dark when the companies are not legally allowed to give dosage advice. I take the paste, 1/2 grain of rice 3 times a day, but I haven't tried the capsules.. I think everybody is different, it's a process of trial and error to see what works for you.. . I think the capsules are meant to be longer lasting effect than the paste or vaping cbd, but less strong, because you don't absorb as much via the digestive system than sublingually. I don't want to contravene the rules of this board by giving "medical " advice, so best bet is to join a FB consumer group..

There is a good facebook group; CBD CONSUMER GROUP UK/EU which has helped me feel less confused, but the me FB group looks good too
    Last edited by faerielight; 04-01-2018 at 8:55 PM.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 5th Jan 18, 12:34 AM
    • 4,316 Posts
    • 9,078 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Thanks for the help. I've joined both of those FB groups so I'm now inundated with information!! There's nothing on the pots to say which variety the capsules are, so if they work hopefully the company will know what they sent me. I'm giving my sleeping tablets and tramadol a rest tonight I'm going to give the paste a try
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 5th Jan 18, 2:11 AM
    • 4,990 Posts
    • 7,015 Thanks
    deannatrois
    Wierd that I should see this tonight. I've just discovered that CBD vape pens exist and can help with anxiety and pain, both of which are problems for me. I hadn't thought about sleep benefits (hence I am awake all night lol).

Will look on the facebook pages mentioned.

I've emailed them as well but will keep looking at the samples page in case some samples become available.
    Last edited by deannatrois; 05-01-2018 at 8:21 AM.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 5th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 3,114 Thanks
    faerielight
    minimad.. how was your sleep? Deannatrois, some good companies that are reputable for vape pens are synergy of nature and canavape, but there is a list of reputable supplies in the files section of the FB group. It's def worth it to keep checking for the free samples as they are very generous
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 5th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 4,316 Posts
    • 9,078 Thanks
    minimad1970
    minimad.. how was your sleep? It's def worth it to keep checking for the free samples as they are very generous
    Originally posted by faerielight
    Thanks faerielight.
    I felt pretty drowsy and really thought it was going to work, but as usual it still took over 3 hours to get to sleep I felt a bit weird as well for a few hours after I woke up and had a headache.
    I'm going to persevere though and see how things go.
    Do you think I can identify which capsules they've sent me by the colour of them? One lot do look purple which is what I requested, the others look brown. If not I'll ring them if either work particularly well.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 5th Jan 18, 5:07 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 3,114 Thanks
    faerielight
    I'm not sure how to identify the capsule strengths, do ring them or FB them, they do take a while to reply but they will resond
    • MXW
    • By MXW 10th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 460 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    MXW
    Has anyone who has ordered this, had any problems with a reoccurring order each month (automatically), as your card details are kept on file by them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,136Posts Today

8,325Users online

Martin's Twitter